Changing AI with Hex Editor

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Changing AI with Hex Editor

Unread postby walshcm » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Is anyone still messing with any of this? I recently reloaded the English translated PUK and started playing and decided to mess around with some of the hex editing. I am not trying to create scenerios, all I am looking to do is tweek AI behavior as it appears everyone has found coding that should do so. So far, I have been absolutely and completely unable to change AI behavior in any way.

I have focused all on Liu Biao. And so far I have tried to do everything from making him more aggressive, to totally defensive. In all of my games on the hardest level from the Rise of Dong scenario, Liu Biao follows pretty much the same script every single game up to around 192, which is usually where I auto run the game and check results. Every single time he will take the empty provinces of Xin Yi and Jiang Ling. I have done everything to try and change this behavior and I cannot.

I have left his force coded to 03, which according to translation I found is to stay still, and I have also changed his district 1 to 04 (defensive) and 2nd district to 00 (sustain armaments). But really its not about what I have changed, its that I can change any of these numbers to anything and it does not reflect any noticeable changes in his behavior for the first couple of years.

Is there something I am missing here? Is it that empty cities will be taken regardless and character, force, and district behaviors cannot change this? The other rulers near empty cities all seem to expand the same way, Tao Quien goes all out towards Wu, Liu Yan expands north in Shu, Sun Jian expands to southern Jing. Or is there some other coding somewhere that I or we are missing that is overriding their behavior.

My main issue with Liu Biao in this scenario is actually his over aggressiveness to expansion. The AI spreads out too quickly and amasses stupid amounts of gold, and yet he will not hire enough men, and leaves only a small amount of generals in each province. He would be much better served to stay in a province or 2 and hire as many men as possible.
walshcm
Tyro

Re: Changing AI with Hex Editor

Unread postby Lezard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 am

Is there something I am missing here?
Yes ... Liu Biao seems to have been hard coded in the exe to suck (pretty much as Guan Yu was hard coded to be a duel monster). My advise to you is the same I gave foosoomin some time ago: move Liu Biao to one of those "Historical" slots (don't forget to change all the relations, items and all). It seems to have worked for foosoomin. If you need an example you can search for foosoomin scenarios or even look what Zyzyfer did with Deng Ai on X series.

Note that the AI is stupid no matter what you do, so I guess the free cities stuff can't be helped, also brainless aggressiveness sometimes means being whipped out sooner ...
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:30 pm

threadstarter,

Click below link, i have placed Liu Biao onto Historical slot, he became aggressive & will NEVER surrender

Link: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/76526835-post297.html
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:30 am

Yes, I have tried many things with Liu Biao but have had no success. foosoomin's solution may be your best bet.

My own workaround was to just go ahead and give Liu Biao those free cities, extra troops, etc. He will still inevitably burn through those troops and succumb to another force, but he hangs on for a while longer. This doesn't really apply to the 190 scenario I made, however, since his sphere of influence was still rather small at that time.

Anyway, yeah, try sticking him into a historical slot...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:40 am

There's another way to make Liu Biao to be more aggressive

Place Liu Biao into Zhang Jiao slot
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:47 am