Rise of Three Kingdoms mod for Med II Total War

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Rise of Three Kingdoms mod for Med II Total War

Unread postby Taishi Guang » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:35 pm

After months in development, the beta version for this Three Kingdoms mod has finally been released. As it says in the thread title, it is a modification for Creative Assembly's Medieval II Total War and it's Kingdoms expansion. For those of you who do not know about the Total War series, it is a turn-based strategy game with real-time battles. The core game and the expansion can be purchased on Steam, as a bundle, for $19.99 USD, although it can be purchased on sale for $9.99 USD until July 22nd. The primary forum for this mod is located at Total War Center, which is the hub for all things related to the Total War series.

Instructions of how to patch your game (which is a requirement), if you have the non-Steam versions, can be found in this thread on Total War Center.

In the Beta Release link below, you can find instructions of how to download the mod (as either a torrent or direct from RapidShare) and install it on your system.

Link to the Rise of Three Kingdoms Forum at Total War Center

Link to the Rise of Three Kingdoms Beta Release
Taishi Guang
Student

Re: Rise of Three Kingdoms mod for Med II Total War

Unread postby Taishi Guang » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:09 am

Here are some screenshots

The Three Brothers prepare for battle in a snowy Hebei

Sun Ce personally engages the forces of Liu Yao

Gongsun Zan leads his White Riders in a charge against Qu Yi
Last edited by Taishi Guang on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taishi Guang
Student

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Looks awesome and Med II was the last Total War my computer could run. Sadly my copy is currently in Lampeter but I'm gonna get a friend to send it back when I have some free time and I'll download it then!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stryke » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 pm

What I'd like to ask is how 'three kingdoms' the mod is? Is it just effectively a cosmetic mod, or is there more to it than that?
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Taishi Guang » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:42 pm

You could check the forum for more info, but effectively it is a total conversion.
Taishi Guang
Student

Unread postby Taishi Guang » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:48 am

After crushing the Di Chieftain Dou Mao, and killing him, in battle north of Longxi, Ma Chao leads the Xiliang army south towards the city in hopes of besieging it. Unfortunately a second Di army, this time headed by Qiang Duan, blocks the path to the city while Longxi's garrison arrives as reinforcements. Ma Chao must fight through both Qiang Duan and the sallied garrison in the forests outside of Longxi, to both take the strategically important city and expand his future domain.

** WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY **

Ma Chao leaves his infantry and archers on a defensible hill, opting to take all of his cavalry forces forward unsupported...

And here is a wider angle of the cavalry approach

The Di footmen move forward and begin to fire volleys at the approaching Xiliang cavalry...

Ma Chao, taking fire from Di arrows, orders his horsemen to charge...

Although Di spearmen move up to support the hapless footmen, the impact of Ma Chao's charge is devastating...

With the center of his line collapsing, Qiang Duan leads his personal buqu to repulse the Xiliang attack...

After taking some casualties, Ma Chao, his subordinate officers, and the remaining cavalry forces pull back in full retreat... However the retreat was a feint and it works perfectly at compelling Qiang Duan to pursue, alone, and now he finds himself encircled by Ma Chao's men...

With their chieftain in mortal danger, a brave unit of Di warriors move forward to save him...

The battle got pretty thick after this and no more screenies were taken. Battle ended in another heroic victory for Ma Chao, and Qiang Duan being killed, which allowed Ma Chao to occupy the now defenseless city of Longxi :D
Taishi Guang
Student

Unread postby threekingdomsgame » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:41 am

Another super thumbs up for this project, im new here and i think will need sometime to read the threads, so many here related to RTK three kingdoms, do you guys mod bandit kings of the marsh aka 108 heros of the marsh from koei as well, very long time ago, its another super fun game as well, very similar to romance of the three kingdoms game play
Romance of the Three Kingdoms stories and foreign kingdoms here, a RTK fan site (Fan since young) at http://RomanceoftheThreeKingdomsGame.com/
threekingdomsgame
Tyro

Unread postby Mikhail » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:55 am

Awesome.

I'm gonna work my way down from Rome 2 all the way down to Medieval and I'm very excited to try this out when I near the end of this journey. Not too fond of using DW skins but I guess thats the best available.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Taishi Guang » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:37 am

Here is a sneak peek at the armor progression of the lowest tier of standard units, otherwise known as "Light" units.

First we have swordsmen with a simple leather lamellar vest, a wooden shield, and a single-edged dao sword. In general note the new variety in faces, caps, leather color, and shield design (the forum cut off other shield designs on the right side of the picture).

Next, we have spearmen, armed with either a ji or a ge, with the first armor upgrade for the light units. Essentially this upgrade adds an extension to the vest down the front of the body, places armor on the shoulder connector, and represents generally harder and thicker leather. Units will also do away with their wooden shields (if they have them) and adopt much sturdier bronze shields.

Finally, we once again have swordsmen, with the second and final armor upgrade for the light units. This armor is, in design, the same as the previous upgrade, however what makes this armor different is that it is composed of iron lamellar. Units with this upgrade also upgrade their shields to iron, giving them good quality arms and armor for a low tier unit.

This sneak peek is only the tip of the iceberg. The mod team has a bunch of new additions for the upcoming patch, including scripts, units, models, and graphical enhancements. Release date is TBA, so keep your eyes on the official forum for any further information on a release date.
Taishi Guang
Student

Unread postby Cao Chao » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:31 pm

This looks cool, great work!
曹操曰:宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我!
Cao Chao
Langzhong

Next

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods