New Romance of the Three Kingdoms Editing Forum

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms Editing Forum

Unread postby James » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:30 pm

DragonAtma wrote:Any chance of this becoming a separate forum which provides editing knowledge for all games instead of just RoTK? On LYS there's a DoaE hacking thread with 700 (!) pages, I can provide enough info to create a full Gemfire mod, and I can provide a good amount of info on Ogre Battle as well. I'm sure that the people here can spread info on multiple other games as well...

Okay! Finally got around to doing this. Rather than a sub-forum of the Three Kingdoms game section this is now a dedicated forum for all Three Kingdoms game modding, whether Romance of the Three Kingdoms or Destiny of an Emperor.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Qu Hui » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:10 pm

What about Legend of Cao Cao? There were quite a few mods for that as well.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Any chance of this becoming a separate forum which provides editing knowledge for all games instead of just RoTK? On LYS there's a DoaE hacking thread with 700 (!) pages, I can provide enough info to create a full Gemfire mod, and I can provide a good amount of info on Ogre Battle as well. I'm sure that the people here can spread info on multiple other games as well...

We just keep having more and more stuff to talk about with Destiny of an Emperor Hacking :lol: :huohu:
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Qu Hui wrote:What about Legend of Cao Cao? There were quite a few mods for that as well.

They can go in this forum as well. And if anyone has a thread they would like me to move here, all they need to do is reply with a link and I'll shuffle it around. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Qu Hui » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 am

My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qu Hui » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 am

Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lezard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:47 am

I know it's the opposite one would expect, but I think this section should have a stick thread for "Questions" (I think it's better than not having any stick thread whats over — is also easier to maintain than trying to define and redefine other stick topics). Could even be a temporary solution (though it would work wonders considering the low amount of questions — which will always be low).

Could move posts from these threads into it:
Changing AI with Hex Editor
My Issues with hex editing
Editing problems

It would be more intuitive than what we have now and organize things a bit (I mean, most people don't know where to ask editing questions and there's really not one right place to do so — anyone, even a newcomer, knows that it's weird and no good to bury useful threads just because you want to make a question).

Hope someone reads this :roll:
"They envied the power that I wield, and that envy led them to an early end". —Lezard Valeth
Lezard
Retired Account

Previous

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods