Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Unread postby kiko94 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:19 pm

So on the side of where to find the force code, I think my case would be correct, since we are looking at the rulers, so he should always be in the first district right ?
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:24 pm

That's correct, yes. It just doesn't always fit.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Lord Cao Cao, do you have any Idea what's this part of the save file is for ?
Image , and btw can you remind me where the units start ? Ma Dai is coming and is destroying my fortifications, need him off the screen for a whil, or at least move him a few blocks away.
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Additional officers. Not sure if they can be used or not, but you can use their numbers to create unplayable fathers of existing officers to make them brothers or so (without having to create a father and waste an officer spot).

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:Unit code starts at offset 0x00085a1c.

Here. Go there and then start looking for Ma Dai's officer number, when it appears, change the coordinates or just give him 0 food + 1 troops and his unit will be wiped out in the next turn (easier than actually deleting the unit).
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 pm

another question if I may lord cao cao, Is there a way to make a force "yellow turban style" , to see them able to recruite Large amounts of troops without rank, I'd guess it would be linking them to "yellow turban" country, but I'm not sure about it.
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:05 am

hero of chaos,

I would like to know the question asked by kiko94, on the yellow turban style, in commanding large number of soldiers
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:50 am

Yes, link it to the Yellow Turban country. You can alter the country name if you don't want your force to be called Yellow Turbans.
Don't forget to put 09 (none) for the force rank.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 am

Haha......

Change Dong Zhuo to Yellow Turban force in Dong Zhuo Rise scenario & he will become very strong
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Dong Zhuo only has Lu Bu and Hua Xiong that can pose a threat, give that to Cao Cao and you'll see just how hard it will be to fight him

So this is the districts part, when giving my force a number, do I have to count all the forces before and give it the next number, or can I just throw in a number I know is not used, I recognize a few districts, including my own, but I fear missing a few, I just want to know if possible to to just throw meng huo in one of those constant 6 FF bytes ( first for color, second is the district it should be 01 ? then Meng's number and after that a couple of AI behavior bytes
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:39 pm

You mean the number you put as the allegiance? Then you'll have to count the districts up to the one you have created. This will be the number you insert into the allegiance part of officers/cities.
You can create a new district using one of those ff codes, yes. Just put in the force number from where you have created Meng Huo (default is 1a) and then just create the district. You should however know one thing. The district code in the save file is extended (as you have probably noticed). The byte before the force number for the district seems to be the previous district's AP (basically the last byte in a district's code).
For example, Liu Bei's district in your save file is:

01 01 7b 02 01 04 00 ff 00 00 00 00 ff 07 00 00 0f (the one starting in the second row of your pic)

0f is his AP, meaning he had 15 AP left when you saved.
I can't tell you what the ff 07 part means at the moment, though. Or the 01 you sometimes see popping up at the start of the extended code (byte after district target).
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods