Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Unread postby Luis Cellung » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:27 am

Hello everyone

First i apologize for my bad english

This additional info. Along with zetta guide has been been help me a lot hex editing my game. I greatly appreciate that.

Now i tried to dcrease troop number so when invading other forces i rely more to officer number rather than troops thereby giving more use to second rate officer. But unfortunately i dont know which file to edit. Can someone here give me pointer?

Thanks
Luis Cellung
Tyro

Unread postby Zetta » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:28 am

Luis Cellung wrote:Now i tried to decrease troop number so when invading other forces i rely more to officer number rather than troops thereby giving more use to second rate officer. But unfortunately i dont know which file to edit. Can someone here give me pointer? Thanks

I'm sorry but I don't really understand what number you want to decrease. Could you tell me which one of these you want to change:
- maximum number of soldiers each city can have ?
- number of soldiers in a deployed unit on the map ?
- number of soldiers currently inside a city ?
- number of troops the officers can use with each rank (for example the Senior Officer can have more soldiers than the Officer) ?
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby Luis Cellung » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:53 am

Thanks for replying

- number of soldiers in a deployed unit on the map ?

This what i mean. Normaly officer WITHOUT title(officer,liutenant etc) can command 5000 men, i want to decrease it to around 2000-3000 and also decrease those with title to similiar number

For example: Xiaohu dun who hold title as e off.(subjagation) can only conmand 8000, while cao cao and guo ji as emperor and prime mnster respectively can only command 10000.
Luis Cellung
Tyro

Unread postby Zetta » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:25 pm

I think that these numbers might be stored inside the \Koei\RTKXI\Media\scenario\Scenario.S11 (you can see all the ranks names inside this file).
But I cannot help you more than this, I have never tinkered with that file, I'm sorry.
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby Luis Cellung » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:27 pm

That too bad but thanks anyway for the info. I will try to messed up with scenario11. and see what i can found. Oh do you know any good software for hex editing? free neo hex often crash in my pc.
Luis Cellung
Tyro

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:07 am

Luis Cellung wrote:That too bad but thanks anyway for the info. I will try to messed up with scenario11. and see what i can found. Oh do you know any good software for hex editing? free neo hex often crash in my pc.

I personally use HxD to edit files, someone may know a better program, but that works well for me and is free. And as Zetta said, the troop numbers are in the scenario.s11 file and are the last 2 set of numbers of each title. If you look at and find the Emperor title, you can see the last 2 numbers before Regent are 98 3a which is 15,000. So you need to change those 2 numbers to the number you want it set at. So if you want to set it at say 25,000 you change those last 2 numbers to A8 61, or in your case, you can set it less, but I'm not sure what the maximum/minimum number you can set the number to, and also make sure you save a backup of the file just in case, since there's a lot that can go wrong or mess up. If you need more help, or need a picture to see what I mean, just let me know :)
Valvatorez
Assistant

Unread postby Luis Cellung » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:35 am

Wow, thanks for info. I find the title but a little confused which value to edit, thanks to you everyting became clear.

So two number before the next title is the troop number right? It mean for title 'none' number to edit is two number before flying general which is 05 0a?
Luis Cellung
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:05 am

You take the max troop count and convert it to hex code (can be done using a PC's calculator function), reverse the bytes, then find that in the data for the rank. Once you find it, put it the hex for the value you want.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:09 am

Luis Cellung wrote:Wow, thanks for info. I find the title but a little confused which value to edit, thanks to you everyting became clear.

So two number before the next title is the troop number right? It mean for title 'none' number to edit is two number before flying general which is 05 0a?

Glad to help :)
The last one is a little different, there seems to be a few numbers after the "None" title that I'm not sure what they do. My code looks like this:

4E 6F 6E 65 00 83 5E 83 43 83 F8 2A 00 00 23 04 89 45 8F AB 8C 52 00 BE 00 83 86 88 13 00 00 05 0A

The 88 13 are the two you want to edit. If you change the number to be

4E 6F 6E 65 00 83 5E 83 43 83 F8 2A 00 00 23 04 89 45 8F AB 8C 52 00 BE 00 83 86 D0 07 00 00 05 0A

Then the max number any officer without rank should be able to have is 2000. Since I changed the numbers "88 13' to D0 07" for 2000, or you can use "B8 0B" for 3000 and so on, since I think those are the numbers you wanted to set it at? Anyways, I haven't tested this out too much, so if its wrong, please let me know lol since I usually play with higher numbers and didn't test this out too much, but it does seem to work in my game.
Valvatorez
Assistant

Unread postby Luis Cellung » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks for all the reply

Zyzyfer wrote:You take the max troop count and
convert it to hex code (can be done using a PC's calculator function), reverse the bytes, then find that in the data for the rank. Once you find it, put it the hex for the value you want.

I do exactly that and the result i got for 3000 is bb8 so put it in as 08 bb but the troop number become 2245 instead 3000. How exactly this number work?

Valvatorez wrote:Then the max number any officer without rank should be able to have is 2000. Since I changed the numbers "88 13' to D0 07" for 2000, or you can use "B8 0B" for 3000 and so on, since I think those are the numbers you wanted to set it at? Anyways, I haven't tested this out too much, so if its wrong, please let me know lol since I usually play with higher numbers and didn't test this out too much, but it does seem to work in my game.

Yeah it worked perfectly fine. The nmber became 3000 with b8 0b.Though I almost changed 05 0a but fortunately see your and zyfyer' post. Can you please tell me how you get b8 0b? I got bb8 with calculator so i try 08 bb but like i said before 2245 instead 3000.
Luis Cellung
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods