Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Unread postby demiclise » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:00 am

Please and thank you Zyzyfer, been beating my head against the wall trying to find those offsets and changing the date to no success so any help is great.
demiclise
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:44 am

Gray Riders wrote:I just ran some tests; band platform worked fine with it's range increased, but the archer turret had no effect. I also remember that changing a camp's range still had the food saving effect work and seemed to have the defense boost.

Tonight I'll try to see if San editor causes turrets range to work differently. If so I'll compare two files and see if it changed something else.
Edit: The Japanese PUK uses a different number of byters for a building than the English version. That complicated issues. Significantly.
Edit2: Towers don't use improved range with San11 editor, either. I gues the range is linked to the projectile type or something.

Thanks. It makes me wonder how the Range skill works like it does. And I might tinker with the catapult unit and others later, since I believe they have attack range specified as well. At worst, I suppose I could just change the cost or HP to something that makes them worthwhile, since catapult towers are basically just sturdier crossbow turrets with a blind spot normally.

But if increased range works with camps and band platforms, I wonder why there was no effect on the Eight Pillars facility. I have never found a use for the thing, and I was hoping that giving it increased range would warrant researching the relevant level 2 tech early on for its own merits. If that facility had a two-square range and a force builds them early in the game, they would provide a significant defensive advantage.

For the record, I am satisfied with camp/outpost/fort facilities having 1000/1500/2000 HP, respectively. The forts become much more durable and don't crumble under a single decent siege weapon shot necessarily (at the cost of taking longer to construct). I was hoping Eight Pillars could be a makeshift camp of sorts for forces that rush Invention tech, exchanging free perturbs for food conservation. But even with higher HP or a lower cost, having a range of one means the facility can get plucked off by any ranged unit with impunity.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:Thanks. It makes me wonder how the Range skill works like it does. And I might tinker with the catapult unit and others later, since I believe they have attack range specified as well. At worst, I suppose I could just change the cost or HP to something that makes them worthwhile, since catapult towers are basically just sturdier crossbow turrets with a blind spot normally.

Catapults hit pretty hard but the blindspot's a pain. They're great if you can build them on a cliff though.

For the record, I am satisfied with camp/outpost/fort facilities having 1000/1500/2000 HP, respectively. The forts become much more durable and don't crumble under a single decent siege weapon shot necessarily (at the cost of taking longer to construct). I was hoping Eight Pillars could be a makeshift camp of sorts for forces that rush Invention tech, exchanging free perturbs for food conservation. But even with higher HP or a lower cost, having a range of one means the facility can get plucked off by any ranged unit with impunity.

Another idea might be to give forts a range of 4 (the PUK does that)--makes the upgrade more worthwhile.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby demiclise » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:06 am

Any word on the offsets? I was able to make more items from editing the scenario but would like to input the items through makedatas11 as I would like to input descriptions instead of having officer bios, any help is appreciated.
demiclise
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm

demiclise wrote:Any word on the offsets? I was able to make more items from editing the scenario but would like to input the items through makedatas11 as I would like to input descriptions instead of having officer bios, any help is appreciated.

I actually did try to take a look at your queries a few days back, but realized I had misinterpreted what you were asking. So I unfortunately have no advice to offer. :(
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby demiclise » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:50 am

No problem thanks for looking it up, I managed to edit it through the scenario but the bio of the weapons show up as officer bios not a huge problem but it is annoying. Also I find I have to hex edit the items onto characters to show during duels as even given the items they do not show up on the character. Ex. made an alternate version of crescent halberd slapped in on a high war officer got into a duel and he is wielding the standard spear.
demiclise
Tyro

Unread postby Feng Shin » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:44 pm

hey guys may I ask something, is there a way to create my created officer as good as lu bu in duel and as good as zhuge liang in debate? I tried to match their stats and edit them in hex editor but both in duel its still very difficult beat lu bu and so in debate with zhuge, both with equal ability and equal equip.

thanks and cheers..
Feng Shin
Tyro

Unread postby Zetta » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:41 am

I don't exactly remember, but does Lu Bu or Zhuge Liang have any special items with them that make them stronger in duel or debates ? Can their stats be further increased if you give them a special rank ? Because that might be why they are still so strong.
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:00 am

Feng Shin wrote:hey guys may I ask something, is there a way to create my created officer as good as lu bu in duel and as good as zhuge liang in debate? I tried to match their stats and edit them in hex editor but both in duel its still very difficult beat lu bu and so in debate with zhuge, both with equal ability and equal equip.

thanks and cheers..

That stuff is hardcoded I believe.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Feng Shin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Zetta wrote:I don't exactly remember, but does Lu Bu or Zhuge Liang have any special items with them that make them stronger in duel or debates ? Can their stats be further increased if you give them a special rank ? Because that might be why they are still so strong.

Im messing up the MakeData.s11, my current save data and the scenario file I'm currently play on.. I remove their items so they're both "naked" or without any item on them then I'm trying to find a clue whyd they get so strong in duel (lu bu) and debate (zhuge) even without items and I tried to mix and match and finds out their unique value, but I'm stuck there now lol its been hours trying to get a hang of it but still I cant figure it out so I hope somebody here could crack that pot lol.

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:
Feng Shin wrote:hey guys may I ask something, is there a way to create my created officer as good as lu bu in duel and as good as zhuge liang in debate? I tried to match their stats and edit them in hex editor but both in duel its still very difficult beat lu bu and so in debate with zhuge, both with equal ability and equal equip.

thanks and cheers..

That stuff is hardcoded I believe.

yea you bet it is.. oh yeah someone says if I edit my mount / horse and weapon it will actually gave the same effect bonus as the items, it didnt work on my created officer, I edited my weapon and mount as sky piercer and red hare but I dont see any difference but the grapic, damage taken and inflicting damage is still the same like wearing no items at all.
Feng Shin
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods