Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 pm

Luis Cellung wrote:Thanks for all the reply

Yeah it worked perfectly fine. The nmber became 3000 with b8 0b.Though I almost changed 05 0a but fortunately see your and zyfyer' post. Can you please tell me how you get b8 0b? I got bb8 with calculator so i try 08 bb but like i said before 2245 instead 3000.

Basically the zero is missing on the calculator if its the first number I guess, and you have to add it in yourself, since you need all four numbers in the set in order for it to work properly since you can't have just 3 numbers. I also got BB8 using a calculator, and had to change it, so if you get only 3 numbers, just think of the first number as zero. I'm not sure if that always works for every number though so just test it out and see.
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Luis Cellung » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Basically the zero is missing on the calculator if its the first number I guess, and you have to add it in yourself, since you need all four numbers in the set in order for it to work properly since you can't have just 3 numbers. I also got BB8 using a calculator, and had to change it, so if you get only 3 numbers, just think of the first number as zero. I'm not sure if that always works for every number though so just test it out and see.

Try it and succes. I managed to decrease number of all troops in deployed unit, though i still not testing it yet to see how the AI behavior with this change since i was to sleepy to continue...maybe tommorow. But anyway again i said thank you for your help, without that i dont know if i can have any progress at all. I greatly appreciated it. :D :D :D
Luis Cellung
Tyro

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:16 pm

You're welcome :) Editing the game to how you want it makes it a lot better I think, and is the reason why I still play XI way too much :lol: I think the AI will mostly be the same except will probably retreat after only a couple of hits since the numbers are low and taking down cities may be hard, but anyways, glad to have help, and have fun :)
Valvatorez
Academic

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:45 am

I didn't test it well enough to confirm whether it works or not - was getting too sleepy - but I started poking around with the techs hex code in the scenario.s11 file. After staring at what seemed like random numbers for a while, I finally started to make out some key bytes. I'm working off of my memory, but something like Attack Provisions is like:

00 d0 07 d0 07 00 01

00 - Required tech to make available for research, in this case, Drill Spears.
d0 07 - I might have the order mixed up, but I believe this is the gold cost.
d0 07 - And this is the TP cost.
01 - Placement on tech list. So Drill Pikes would be like 04 I believe.

My goal was basically to shift that kind of crappy Reinforce Defenses tech down to second on the Defense list, and push Facilities and Ramparts up. 5000 TP to boost damage from a couple of buildings doesn't really seem worth it at all, so it's the next to last Tier 4 tech I touch.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone succeeded in tinkering with the order of the techs while maintaining their functionality?

-----

Edit: Regarding lower unit troop counts. It will make skills like Fortitude much more useful. The Pike tech, too. It will limit what smaller forces will actually be able to accomplish since they can't deploy enough officers to attack. Military Reform will be pretty much the go-to tech for the player. And it may enable a defending city to repel an invasion simply by drafting every turn.

I've always liked the idea of reducing unit sizes. But I get the feeling that it will end up not being very practical...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Luis Cellung » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:14 am

Zyzyfer wrote:
Edit: Regarding lower unit troop counts. It will make skills like Fortitude much more useful. The Pike tech, too. It will limit what smaller forces will actually be able to accomplish since they can't deploy enough officers to attack. Military Reform will be pretty much the go-to tech for the player. And it may enable a defending city to repel an invasion simply by drafting every turn.

I've always liked the idea of reducing unit sizes. But I get the feeling that it will end up not being very practical...

i am not yet see how defense skill like fortitude and pike tech work with this, but the smaller force actually have more chance to survive attack --in my test, gongsun du manage to beat attack from yuan tan and even retaliate by attacking be ping(sp?), zhang lu also succes at defending han zhong from ma teng though defeated by back attack from liu zhang-- also the computer seem more united in their attack, instead sending one attack at time the ai send like 3-4 unit in one attack.

I dont know it because reduced number or not but a unit lead by first rated general far stronger than average one --3000 pikemen led by wen pin ldr and war 80+ have more cassulties when attacking 2500+ led by sun ce-- it make defend cities with great number of troop and equipment but crappy officer more fun......try to defend changsa with cai he and zhang yun against han dang, zhoy yu, huang gai...
Luis Cellung
Tyro

Unread postby selvintor » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:55 pm

can someone tell me the codes responsible for the colour of the force?
selvintor
Tyro

Unread postby selvintor » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:21 pm

nevermind found it thanks :D :D
selvintor
Tyro

Unread postby Raidenzar » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:33 am

Hi all, my first time posting here.

Regarding the MakeData.s11, I test on copying officers and "insert" back directly to the file. I made 5 copies of a certain created officer. What I discover is:

1. The additional data does appear at the "Create Officer" section
2. But when we create new game, the "new" officers does appear.
3. I run the game and it works properly
4. Also no sign of error when saving and loading file.
5. However, the number still counts as 150.
6. Some earlier created officers went missing

My conclusion: it is safe to copy and paste created officers in MakeData.s11, but you wont be able to increase the cap number of 150 created officers (yet). I will try to find a way to break through this, hopefully.

Motive: I originally want to have more female officers with "spousial support" so that I can wed them to my officers to increase their stat. However, after doing this, I hope I can increase the pool of new officers which I can use to improve my playing experience. The learning curve of the game has hit its max for now. Thanks to you guys, we can mod the game from hex editor, which raise the bar of our gameplay.

My next motive: work on Ranking System: Troop Numbers, POL+, LDR+. I want to smooth them out so it reflects their importance. I want to try out if we can also do something with WAR, INT and CHR from the rank.

My suggestion: I wish someone can help with the map. I once ask if I can "add" city and facility slots and someone did said we can but for now it has not interactive. Hopefully someone can make it come true.

I used to smooth out city troop number (holding capacity) cos I think some city needs more troop. (For example, Han Zhong should be holding 120,000 rather than 100,000. Luo Yang should hold 200,000 as I always consider it to be the "Emperor City"). I will work on the Port/Gate too cos later in game we always have this excess of gold and food so better balance it out.

Thanks for reading. I open for all comments ^^
Raidenzar
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:01 am

Raidenzar wrote:Hi all, my first time posting here.

Regarding the MakeData.s11, I test on copying officers and "insert" back directly to the file. I made 5 copies of a certain created officer. What I discover is:

1. The additional data does appear at the "Create Officer" section
2. But when we create new game, the "new" officers does appear.
3. I run the game and it works properly
4. Also no sign of error when saving and loading file.
5. However, the number still counts as 150.
6. Some earlier created officers went missing

My conclusion: it is safe to copy and paste created officers in MakeData.s11, but you wont be able to increase the cap number of 150 created officers (yet). I will try to find a way to break through this, hopefully.

It sounds like you inserted the officer into the scenario file but did not remove the officer from the makedata file? That would result in clones.

My next motive: work on Ranking System: Troop Numbers, POL+, LDR+. I want to smooth them out so it reflects their importance. I want to try out if we can also do something with WAR, INT and CHR from the rank.

This is pretty straightforward to tweak once you know what you're looking at, and yes the other stats can be boosted instead. I do wish ruler ranks gave bonuses, and that officer ranks could boost more than one stat.

My suggestion: I wish someone can help with the map. I once ask if I can "add" city and facility slots and someone did said we can but for now it has not interactive. Hopefully someone can make it come true.

I think what was meant was, a "city" graphic can be inserted into a save file and tiles can be changed, but the "city" is not functional.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Raidenzar » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks alot for translating my language XD

I feel kinda noob now that my earlier attempt fail. I was so hyped that I could finally do it.

I will work on the rank/system part now.

Any suggestion?
Raidenzar
Tyro

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods