Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Hello guys,
so as the Koei US board is down for some unknown reason, kiko94 has suggested that I should compile any new info I and others have found which is not yet in Zetta's guide in one thread, so that it's much easier to access this info. I found it to be a good idea, so I'll get things started here. I'll use this post here for links to posts which contain info on hex editing. This should make it easier to get the specific info you want and keep it clearer.
I'll start in my next post with officer editing, forces and basically everything regarding scenario files.

Let's go then!

Links to posts:
Zetta's Scenario Creation Guide
http://www.mediafire.com/?lz4ql2p45dm1x7x

Scenario Editing
Officer editing
Force editing
--Alliances (thanks to kiko94)
Emperor & District editing

MakeData.s11
Created Officer & Created Items

Officer Compatibility List
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14927&start=5130#p573133

City offset codes (thanks to kiko94!)
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22598&p=574388#p574388
Last edited by Lord_Cao_Cao on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Additional info for hex editing ROTK XI

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Officer editing

Okay, I'll first start with the officers. I'll take Zetta's Yang Song code in his guide and colour the bytes I have to say something about. That's the code as presented in the guide:

Yang 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Song 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 b9 01 00 ba 00 a7 00 d7 00
01 48 02 06 08 ff ff 01 ff ff ff ff 0d ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 24 00 24
00 03 49 ff ff 61 40 1f 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 05 1c 22 05 04 04 04 04 04 0a ff 02 00 02 02
00 00 0d 00 03 00 00 6a 73 74 ff 74 74 ff ff ff ff ff ff 20 00 00 00

Death
This byte codes how the officer died. Choices are 00 for natural and 01 for unnatural. Officers who died an unnatural death will live around 10 years past their year of death.

Clan
This here codes the officer's clan. It's usually the officer's own number, but if there are more family members, it's usually the oldest or most famous person in the clan who is chosen here. For example, if you put 57 01 here, your officer will belong to Cao Cao's clan. Things the clan bytes affect:
- If one of the clan members is a ruler, the officer will join him when he comes to age
- Marriage and Oaths between clan members are impossible
- Officers will assist each other in battle
- Special quotes during duels etc.

Generation
This codes an officer's generation. It's probably used for special quotes and officers' addresses. Cao Cao has 01 here, Cao Pi for example has 02 and Cao Rui 03.

Dependence
These bytes codes what I call "Dependence". If you insert an officer's number here, your officer will join the force the other officer serves when he comes to age. These bytes are used rarely, in fact Ma Dai seems to be the only one to use it. He has Ma Teng here, so he'll join the force Ma Teng serves as if he was one of his sons.
(It's a good way to make all of those Xiahous automatically join Cao Cao's force in the early scenarios.)

Birthplace
This byte codes the officer's birthplace. It's used for example in debate recruiting events, the officer will always (?) suggest to recruit someone who has the same birthplace. If the officer's local affiliation is high, he should go back here when the force he serves is defeated and he escapes.
00 = You Province (Xiangping, Beiping, Ji)
01 = Ji & Bing Province (Nanpi, Pingyuan, Jinyang, Ye)
02 = Qing & Xu Province (Beihai, Xiapi, Xiaopei, Shouchun)
03 = Yan & Yu Province (Puyang, Chenliu, Xuchang, Runan)
04 = Sili (Luoyang)
05 = Jingzhao (Wan, Chang'an, Shangyong)
06 = Liang Province (Anding, Tianshui, Wuwei)
07 = Yang Province (Jianye, Wu, Huiji, Lujiang, Chaisang)
08 = Jingbei (Jiangxia, Xinye, Xiangyang)
09 = Jingnan (Jiangling, Changsha, Wuling, Guiyang, Lingling)
0a = Yi Province (Yong'an, Hanzhong, Zitong, Jiangzhou, Chengdu)
0b = Nanzhong (Jianning, Yunnan)

Aspiration
Zetta already mentions the Aspiration code in his guide and gives a few examples of what bytes to use in order to get specific aspirations. But there's more to it than that.

02 00 02 02 ## ## ## ## 03 00

That's the code. The ## bytes are unused and code the character's voice and such, as seen in the guide.

Favourite Debate topic
This byte codes the officer's favourite debate topic. It might make cards of this topic stronger, give more of those cards, give better cards, or whatever. I don't really know what it is for at the moment.
00 = Fact
01 = Logic
02 = Time

Virtue
This byte codes the officer's virtue. The higher the virtue, the less frequent loyalty drops will be and the officer will less likely betray his ruler. It might affect how much loyalty is gained via the Reward command and perhaps even the success rate of challenging the officer to a duel.
00 = Very Low
01 = Low
02 = Normal
03 = High
04 = Very High

Ambition
This codes the officer's ambition. Officers with high ambition will gain less loyalty when rewarding them, loyalty drops might be more frequent (?) and the officer will more likely create his own force when sitting in a free city. Values are the same as Virtue.

Rank Selection
This byte codes how the AI ruler will appoint officers.
00 = Stat (Officers with best stats get the best ranks)
01 = Results (I think those who destroy the most units or do well in battle will be promoted)
02 = Deeds (Officers with highest deeds get the better ranks)
03 = Virtue (Officers with high (?) virtue get high ranks)
04 = Special (I guess the ruler will more likely appoint family members/liked officers to higher ranks and might not give disliked officers any ranks)

Strategic Tendency
That's important for AI rulers and viceroys. It basically codes their aggressiveness to some extend and what they aim for first.
00 = Unify China
01 = Unify Region/Area (will be explained in the force code part later)
02 = Unify Province (see Birthplace byte)
03 = Unchange (basically sit around and do nothing or expand very slowly)

Local Affiliation
I think this codes what happens if the force the officer serves gets destroyed. Some officers return to their birthplaces, others can be found at the other edge of the map.
00 = Important
01 = Normal
02 = Ignore
Need confirmation on this one though.

Model
Zetta did a small mistake here when he last edited the guide. The order of the model parts is the following:
Stance - Headwear - Face - Body - Cape - Arms - Boots - Arrows - ?? - ?? - Weapon - Horse

See this thread for the codes. Zetta's guide has the codes for weapon and horse models.
It appears that choosing a weapon model will yield its benefits in duels. Choosing a horse model might even give the horse item benefits.

Guilde Cards
Zetta calls it "Action" byte in his guide, setting the officer to Available or Done. That's incorrect though.
This byte codes what guile cards are available to the officer. You basically have to know these codes:
00 = None
08 = Yell
10 = Reflect
20 = Ignore
40 = Calm
80 = Frenzy

Now if you want to have two of these guile cards available, you'll have to add up their hex numbers. So if you want Reflect and Calm to be available, it's 10 + 40 = 50. Insert 50 here and you'll have both cards.
If you choose to combine so many that the result becomes a 3 digit number, you'll have to use the hex letters. That means 100 = a0, 110 = b0, 120 = c0, etc.
If you want Yell, Calm and Frenzy available, you'll have to add 8 + 40 + 80 = 128, which makes it c8.
The highest possible value is 158 (f8), which makes all cards available (and thus the officer doesn't need a book item).

So, that's all as far as officer editing is concerned. I'll continue tomorrow with the Force Code parts that still need explanation, then I'll move on to the districts.

EDIT: Added Generation byte. Missed it somehow.
Last edited by Lord_Cao_Cao on Thu May 16, 2013 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:14 pm

EDIT : you'r fast :mrgreen:
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 pm

I told you I'd do it within the next few days. :wink:
Added the Generation byte to the officer editing. I've overlooked it.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:36 pm

creating officers now will a be a whole new thing :lol: also I can confirm yielding the weapon model and horse model have the same benefits as having the real thing, my offcier was (badly) defaeted by zhang Liao , but he escaped (tested several times) since I gave him hex marks model, also got damage bonus when attacking in another duel against Ji Ling I think
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Yes, I can also confirm the weapon bonus. Zhang Fei's spear model increase the one-hit KO chance and using Guan Yu's Blue Dragon will make your officer attack more frequently.

Yeah, creating officers now makes them feel like being actual officers in the game with all those little tweaks. There are some annoying things though when dispatching them into scenarios, for example the Generation bytes gets reset to 00 (or 01 if he's a created officer's child) and the Birthplace gets changed to where your created officer starts.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Awesome, thanks!
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:05 am

Zyzyfer wrote:Awesome, thanks!

Indeed.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 am

Hero of Chaos,

Can i know which byte belongs to the Strategic Tendency ? I can't find the green hex value
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:59 am

It's the 03 byte in the light blue Aspiration code.
I've coloured the specific parts in the Aspiration code differently for a better visual appearance.

Force editing

There is not much additional info for force editing, Zetta's guide is almost complete in this regard. This is Cao Cao's force code as used as an example in Zetta's guide, the parts I have to say something about are coloured here as well.

57 01 3c 00 64 0a 0a 00 28 32 32 32 32 28 32 32 50 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32
32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32 00 00 3c 00 00 03 ff 00 00 ff 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01

Tribe Relations
Although this is practically part of the whole Relation code, I'll give it a special mention here. These 5 bytes code the relations with Tribes in the following order:
Qiang - Shanyue - Wuhuan - Nanman - Bandits

Having good relations with tribes will lessen the chance of them appearing at one of your cities in the corresponding area if your city order is low. A relation of 100 (64) should almost prevent them from appearing. I don't know if relations go down during the game.

Force Goal/Target
Now that's more important. You'll have to know that a force's behavior is made basically of three parts: the ruler's Aspiration (and perhaps Character), the force goal/target and the district target.
There are several options for a force's target, so I'll do them here.

00 ff = Conquer China
This one is used mostly by the "bigger" rulers, such as the TK rulers, Yuan Shao, Dong Zhuo and others. The force will basically take on any enemies around them and be quite aggressive and expansive. In Rise of Heroes, every force has this code.

01 ## = Conquer Region/Area
This force is coded to aim for conquest of a region or area. There are the following areas in the game which replace the ## byte:
00 = Hebei (Northern China)
01 = Zhongyuan (Central Plains)
02 = Xibei (Northwest)
03 = Jiangnan (Jing and Yang Provinces)
04 = Bashu (Yi Province)
05 = Nanzhong
You can distinguish the areas easily by looking at the city models. Every city in one area has the same model. Ye and Beiping look the same, but Jinyang and Xuchang have a different model.
Ma Teng would be an example of a force that uses this code.

02 ## = Conquer Province
This one codes the force to conquer only a province. For a list of provinces to insert in the ## byte, look at the Birthplace part in the Officer editing post. Note that although this force will aim to conquer a province, it won't stop to attack others after it has done so. But it will be less aggressive for some time (until it probably has too many troops, equipment and officers).
An example for a force that uses this code is Zhang Lu or the three Jiangdong rulers.

03 ff = "Rubbish" Force
I like to call that one the "Rubbish" Force code. I can't tell you exactly what it does, but it is mainly used by forces such as Liu Biao, Liu Zhang or Gongsun Du. You can probably tell from your own experience that forces with this code tend to recruit few troops, mostly attack free cities and attack with one or two units at one time. They usually end up with the most gold and food in a city.

04 ff = ??
05 ff = ??

These two are additional codes I know exist, because they can be used in Van's Editor. As far as I know, these two codes are not used by any force in any scenario. Someone might do some testing with these codes.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods