My Issues with hex editing

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: I'm having issues with hex editing

Unread postby kiko94 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks Lord Cao Cao , I found it easly after I stopeed freaking out from the stuff I didn't recognize , I found it now, I think I'll creat a list for thees too, I don't want to start counting from each big city I can find , now it's all good, it's a nice Idea to babysit forces you'r hostile with :lol:
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:13 pm

kiko94,

here's my new custom scenario

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-d ... 39-14.html
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 am

kiko94,

Please see my update Diao Chan force on Post #222 from my below thread link

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-d ... 39-15.html
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Dang it's more work that I though, I counted the districts in the save file, and found that the next one will have 0E as its number, I gave that to Meng Huo, I created a force in the "222222" with Meng Huo as a soveigne, but the game still doesn't recognize the force or the district, do I have to the 14th slot the district part and the 14th line in the "222222" part for the force to exist? I'm confused cause I created a force in the senario file, It was all easy and tidey because everything was clear, but it is a huge mess at the moment in the save :lol: I'll try to ctreate a new forece in a clean save and see if that helps
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 pm

I'll just tell you how I'd have done it.

1. Go to the force code that has 1a in its force colour part. Create Meng Huo's force here.
2. Use a free district code to create Meng Huo's first district. It should be 1a 01 XX XX 01 05 00 ff 00 00 00 00 ff 07 00 00 32
(1a because it's force number 1a, XX XX is Meng Huo's number, I don't know it by heart, 01 05 00 ff because he'll conquer Nanzhong, do something else if you want to, 32 at the end so he starts with 50 AP)
3. Count from the first district up to your district in hex numbers. Let's say Meng Huo's district is the 14th district in the whole code. This will give you 0d.
4. Go to Yun Nan's city code and insert 0d into the city allegiance and Meng Huo's number in front of it (so he becomes the prefect).
5. Go to Meng Huo's code and change allegiance, etc. to 0d 29 00 29 00 00 50 ff ff 64.

This should successfully create his force in the save.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:33 pm

I tried today and I did create Meng Huo's force, he was the 15th force (since I deleted one district from liu bei) and then I figured out there was an easier way all along, just replace the district by meng huo's force, it was 00 and I went through all that trouble :lol:

but I found a new mysterious issue with the save file, it crashes each time He jin's force plays (probably after He jin's trun is done) , but can't find anything to point where the problem is :? any though what could it be ? I know it's not meng huo's force.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bk77pz11udutj1z

EDIT : seems to be one of He jin's farms, which is set to be finished the next turn, It crashes when I try to remove it, I'll try to delete tomorrow and see if it works, too tired to try all that stuff again, how the hell does a farm cause the game to crash ????
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am

I'll look on your save file later maybe.
If you delete a building which is unfinished, you'll have to edit the officers' Action who are tasked to build it. Just look at the officers in the game, it usually tells you who's building what. The Action part is in the extended officer code, I just don't know where exactly atm.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 am

I realize that, what I plan on doing is saving a new game using he jin, copy all the extended officer code from the new save file into the old save file, I'll try to work on the extended code when I get the time later, I still didn't fix it because I am studying for a test this afternoon.
kiko94
Sage

Re: My Issues with hex editing

Unread postby kiko94 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Fixed the save file and aced my test :D apparently I think there was a few faulty building spots that He Jin was trying to use (spots with 00 in the rotation byte ), I fixed the spots and build in all of them, time to enjoy the game finally , sorry if bothered anyone .

Edit : Ha the game crashed while setting a fire trap on -.-" I build it correctly so I don't see why it doesn't work, however I will not give up on this save file until the rebel Liu Bei is down !
kiko94
Sage

Re: My Issues with hex editing

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Maybe a faulty building spot again. ;)
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods