My Issues with hex editing

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: My Issues with hex editing

Unread postby kiko94 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:03 pm

apperantly some buildings get corrupt, when they are destroyed, their hex code remains, and that causes the issues later one, I deleted the embers via hex but the game crashed when Chen Qing of Yuan Shao's army took Jin Yang, it's really really tough to play this save file , but I must keep enough time to Lunch my all out attack on liu bei !!

Here's the code for the unit that took Jin Yang, and the code for Jin Yang City I can't seem to find anything wrong with them .

My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 pm

My wild guess would be that a building might be corrupted. It won't affect the game at first, but as soon as it changes ownership, the corrupting effect might take place (as not all buildings are destroyed when a city falls).
I don't really have it in my mind at the moment, but I think the first byte does not change during the whole game.

Are you perfectly sure that this first byte in a building's code changes the rotation? When I first discovered the building code, I changed some things around and I do remember that changing this byte caused problems in the form of crashes. You might try and do some testing on a fresh save file without anything edited and edit the buildings there without changing this particular byte.

I don't see anything wrong with Jinyang or the unit either. Must be in the building code.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:40 pm

I'll do some testing later this week, I have a few days off, and I can Xfy and test a few things, I think it is one of the building codes, I tried later and the game didn't crash, so has to be a building code if other building were chosen to switch sides
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Previous

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods