My Issues with hex editing

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

My Issues with hex editing

Unread postby kiko94 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:16 pm

so I am trying to replace Tao Qian's Force with my own force, working on RoH X , so I replaced Tao Qian with my own Ruler, changed his staute etc, works like a charm, Edited the "222222" part, gave my force some techs, worked well, the only problem I am currently having is with the other officers I added, I replaced the NPC's (Zuo Ci, Guan Lu, Hua Tuo, Xu Shao, Emperor Ling , Emperor Shao, Doctor) I have gave my own offciers 100 Loyalty, 10k deeds, stationed them in Xiao Pei (09 00) and alligned them with me the 12th force, they show up in the selction screen that I have 20 offciers, they even Show up when I try to choose a new strategiste, but that is the only place I could find them here is a picture of one of them, I'm really stuck here

Last edited by kiko94 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
My first collection of RTK XI duels (among many to come) here
Duel Collection Number 2 this time in HD
kiko94
Sage

Re: I'm having issues with hex editing

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Did you replace the NPCs themselves? You shouldn't do that, those NPCs won't show up in officer lists.
Instead you should replace the 30 Historical XX officers, those are the "true" officer spots for NPCs.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:07 pm

yeah I replaced them in their slots, who do you mean by the actual " Historical xx offciers " ? the only npc's I know of are the kinds of Mi Heng, Zuo Ci and the rebel bandits
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Between Lu Zhi and the Emperor Ling NPC, there are 30 officers who are called Historical XX (XX being a number from 01 to 30). If you replace Historical 01, the officer will have Emperor Ling's bio (as he's the first NPC). That's what I meant by their "true officer slots".
Anyway, those 30 officers are free and can be used as you please, as long as you don't mind them having NPC bios. They also appear in officer lists and such.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:47 pm

To piggyback on hex editing issues, does anyone know if an item can be created and appear as one already in game? For example, I want to create another item that will appear as Guan Yu's Blue Dragon in a duel (not just the image of the item when looking at the menu) but carry another name while he still has his own weapon.

I've managed to create the item and it shows in an officers possession but when I had them duel they still had a regular spear.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:11 am

Huh. The appearance in a duel is related to the officer's model code. Lord Cao Cao can probably sort you out there. But it does make me wonder how the game tracks items changing hands as far as the models are concerned.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:56 am

Hmm, I recall once having an officer with Stampede and forcing Yuan Tan into a duel. He was wielding Lu Bu's Trident Halberd.

I suppose I'll wait to see what LCC says.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord_Cao_Cao » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:21 am

I've tried to find out how to apply certain models to items, without success. Yuan Tan probably wielded the Halberd because he had the item in his possession.

Uhm, yeah. You can give any officer an own weapon model or horse model without having the item.

00 4a 4a 4a ff 4a 4a ff ff ff ff ff

This is an officer model. Used the Red Male Officer 1. The order is the following:

Stance - Head - Face - Body - Cape - Arms - Boots - Arrows - Hand Style (?) - ?? - Weapon Model - Horse Model

Apparently, if you give an officer a weapon model, he'll gain the same benefits as if he had the item in his possession. So if you give him the Serpent Spear, the chance that he one-hits an enemy increases.

You can create an item, give it to an officer and change his weapon model. Then, just edit your save game if the item changes its owner and remove the weapon model from the original officer and give it to the new one. That would probably the best way to make visible changes.
Lord_Cao_Cao
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby kiko94 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Lord_Cao_Cao wrote:
00 4a 4a 4a ff 4a 4a ff ff ff ff ff

This is an officer model. Used the Red Male Officer 1. The order is the following:

Stance - Head - Face - Body - Cape - Arms - Boots - Arrows - Hand Style (?) - ?? - Weapon Model - Horse Model

Hand Style , that would be wristband the next one should be shoes
kiko94
Sage

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:18 pm

So 02 for the weapon model would cause the officer to have the Blue Dragon? Well, I'll play around with it to what results I yield.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods