4/1/09: Destiny of a Pikachu (April Fools’ 2009)

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

Re: 4/1/09: Destiny of a Pikachu (April Fools’ 2009)

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:51 am

Kongming’s Archives sure has become a massive beast. It still has code lurking about in its bowels from the likes of 2001–2003. Although I’ve managed to update large portions of the site to use friendlier modern coding techniques (and to better take advantage of knowledge I’ve gained over the years) I still run into snags based on those ancient roots.

For a few months now I’ve wanted to post updates to the site but some strange unknown bug was preventing me from retrieving new updates from the forum for display on the site. I finally had to fix it in order to get things back on track. Rather than patch things up I totally re-wrote the back-end that downloads updates from Scholars of Shen Zhou. It sure is sad when it is easier to write something again from the ground up rather than simply fine-tune it.

Hopefully this is a good step toward making Kongming’s Archives easier to work with again. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby IndiaZer » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:08 am

What level did a pikachu can learn a thunderbolt and thunder?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:15 pm

I can't believe I missed it :(.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:33 am

I don't know such threads exist here in SOSZ... this is truly funny... :lol:

Keep at it James... make it Digimon or other for the next one... :D
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Guest » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 am

I knew it was a fake simply b/c you cannot allow that many colors to be present in the game. You can 'fake' a 5th color but this can only be done by superimposing the background through photoshopped portraits :) We could possibly implement this today :)

Previous

Return to KMA News