6/14/08: Of Chinese Warlords and Basketball Players

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

6/14/08: Of Chinese Warlords and Basketball Players

Unread postby James » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:16 am

Carolyn of And One, a Cleveland Cavaliers blog on the Cleveland.com website, stumbled across Kongming’s Archives while looking for information on Shawn Kemp. I think LordYuanShu may be the proper party to blame for this. As product of an equally unusual twist of events an interview with me about Kongming’s Archives and the Three Kingdoms community has been published to the blog home page. Have a look! I also enjoyed reading about Basketball Girl.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: 6/14/08: Of Chinese Warlords and Basketball Players

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:22 am

You should have told her that we're Shawn Kemp's illegitimate children, all 5,611 of us...

Great job though, by Carolyn and by you too, James. How interesting that your dad was an Asian Studies major, I've never heard you talk about him before.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:42 am

Tigger of Kai wrote:You should have told her that we're Shawn Kemp's illegitimate children, all 5,611 of us...

Haha… that would have been priceless.

Tigger of Kai wrote:Great job though, by Carolyn and by you too, James. How interesting that your dad was an Asian Studies major, I've never heard you talk about him before.

I suppose I don’t talk much about my parents at all. The old man is an Asian studies major but he rarely talks about it, though when you look at his history it is clear that he was interested. He has loads of Asian studies books (but then again, he has thousands of history books, and nearly all of them have been read) and he also went to a mission in Korea. His real interest is Western history, though, and for that he is a living breathing encyclopedia. Whenever I have an obscure history question I call him up, and I don’t think he has ever failed to provide a thorough and accurate answer right off the top of his head.

Unsurprisingly, he is a history teacher. He does complain about bad students and parents, though.

My mother is also in education, as are many other members of my family.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Mikhail » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Wow, i'm very impressed with the way you handled and answered the questions in the interview. Your responses were very well written and Tank makes an appearance again!

You should have answered the most important question ever! "Who are the Scholars of Shen Zhou?"
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:38 pm

Good to see the Forum world getting some publicity, but you deserve it this site is the best around (sorry other forum heads whose sites I'm a member at). It was intresting reading your answer's but I think I knew about your father, you most of mentioned it in another thread somewhere. Maybe the playing cards one?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:19 pm

How hilarious! Methinks we should seed the forum/site with random references and keywords for the purpose of drawing people to the greatness that is RTK. <3

(Wait... that would make us resemble certain... uh... sites...)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Return to KMA News