4/23/08: Romance of The Three Kingdoms XI, Windows, ENGLISH!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

4/23/08: Romance of The Three Kingdoms XI, Windows, ENGLISH!

Unread postby James » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:08 pm

Great news, everyone! <a href="http://koei.com/">KOEI</a> has <a href="http://www.koei.com/company/pressitem.cfm?id=772658B1-3048-7B3D-C5A5961370D50CB2">announced</a> that they are releasing <b><a href="http://kongming.net/11/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI</a></b> for <b>Windows</b> in <b>English</b> on July 29th, 2008. That’s right! Their wonderful historic strategy simulation series is returning to the PC in English. This hasn’t happened since <a href="http://kongming.net/4/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire</a>, back in the ’90s. We will keep you posted!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:21 pm

This is where I'd post about how piracy is going to kill their profits, but they're only going to be selling the game for $19.99. I'd hope people would be able to spare at least that. But the low price point illustrates to me that Koei isn't very hopeful of generating a lot of profit on this one.

I believe, as well, that it'll be available in Europe on July 25th for PC.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:04 am

I didn't see anything on the UK website about XI. Where did you hear about that? I'm pretty curious! Also, that is a release a few days ahead of the US release, which is pretty interesting. I can definitely see the UK release taking place, though, as there isn't anywhere near as much work involved as a localized console release.

$19.99... wow. That is a very generous price point!

But you are right, there will still be jerks who try to pirate it...
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Mikhail » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:26 am

Wow, im going to rush to buy it if its 19.99, regardless of computer problems. When I went to China, I was looking for this. Now it'll be in ENGLISH! Here's hoping places like EB Games has them...
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:32 am

James wrote:I didn't see anything on the UK website about XI. Where did you hear about that? I'm pretty curious!

Koei has a "European Embassy" subforum on their official forums, and it got posted there, along with the release of Samurai Warriors 2 on PC at the end of June. July 25th was the date given for the RTKXI release.
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:53 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:Koei has a "European Embassy" subforum on their official forums, and it got posted there, along with the release of Samurai Warriors 2 on PC at the end of June. July 25th was the date given for the RTKXI release.

Thanks! Do you have a release date for Samurai Warriors? Or was it general?
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:58 am

Xiahou Mao wrote:Koei has a "European Embassy" subforum on their official forums, and it got posted there, along with the release of Samurai Warriors 2 on PC at the end of June. July 25th was the date given for the RTKXI release.

Thanks! Do you have a release date for Samurai Warriors? Or was it general?

Edit: Is it available for Windows in Asia? What do you know about it? :shock:
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:36 am

This is indeed good news!

I find it... interesting that it's selling for a fraction of the cost of the Asian versions.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:45 am

James wrote:Thanks! Do you have a release date for Samurai Warriors? Or was it general?

Edit: Is it available for Windows in Asia? What do you know about it? :shock:

Samurai Warriors 2 for PC in Europe is slated for a June 25th release. I don't know about an Asian release, or even a North American one. ;)
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 am

One thing to remember is that the game is about a year old (or more - I forget). Musou Orochi actually sold pretty well (KOEI doesn't publish sales figures, but it sold more than enough to make a steady profit), and I think it encouraged KOEI to start doing more English PC releases.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Next

Return to KMA News