4/12/08: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Community Directory

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

4/12/08: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Community Directory

Unread postby James » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:02 am

Today I would like to introduce something familiar but totally new: the <a href="http://kongming.net/links/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms Links Directory</a>. Rather than group all of our links on a single links page (the <a href="http://kongming.net/links/original-links-page.php">original links page</a> is still available, but it is no longer being updated) we are grouping them into a full-fledged directory. This makes it much easier for us to share community links and manage broken links. It also makes it much easier for community members to <a href="http://kongming.net/links/submit.php">contribute links</a> as well.

Not only have I gone through our old links collection to remove (and in some cases, replace) broken links (I’m sad to see some very good sites have gone offline), I’ve also added a collection of new sites. Please have a look! Explore the <a href="http://kongming.net/links/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms Community Links Directory</a>. If you have any sites to suggest please use our <a href="http://kongming.net/links/submit.php">site submission form</a> to suggest them to us. Hopefully we can grow this section remake into a much more valuable resource. <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=19143">Feedback is welcome</a>!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:06 am

Everyone is welcome to submit links to the project!

Please do! There's nothing stopping me from creating any number of nested categories to accommodate even specific information which may benefit the community and Kongming’s Archives’ viewers.

Would you like to take a more active role? I’d love to welcome folks (see the linked thread) to help administer this tool, submitted links, and to help by expanding content as they see fit and deem appropriate.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:06 am

Crud, submitted a link but forget to write in the description, sorry about that

Does this project not allow copy or paste or is my computer just being annoying.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby James' iPhone » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:17 pm

It should allow copy and paste. You can submit the link again and both will be visible for approval. I was tired when I sent the PM so I'll have to check my account to see what I actually did! All I need is... screw it. Your going to be an admin. I'll just make up an account for you and you can do with it what you please. :P
James' iPhone
Initiate

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:02 pm

Yeah, my computer is evil sometimes, I can now copy paste. Also you have two sima qian's forums

When I put info in again (with description), said: Title is not unique in the parent category.
*URL: URL already exists in the directory.

Lesson: I'm trouble :P
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby James » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:05 pm

I think I already tossed them in twice, by the way. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Yeah, I was wondering why?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby James » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:35 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Yeah, I was wondering why?

Because that seems to be the only way to display a good link in two directories. SQS is a wonderful forum and I've always respected them for being so active in the community. That’s why I linked to them in the forum directory and also in the history directory. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby AngryScorpio » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:08 am

A Lu Xun fanlisting - http://seisai.demikkusu.org/blazingfalcon/

A Da Qiao fanlisting - http://daqiao.akichigo.org/
Despite the fact that I mostly use male avatars, I'm actually female.
AngryScorpio
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks, AngryScorpio. :)

You can also use the link submission page in the link directory.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Return to KMA News