2/12/08: Legend of Cao Cao English Revision Available!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

2/12/08: Legend of Cao Cao English Revision Available!

Unread postby James » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:39 am

There are a few wonderful Three Kingdoms games which people have enjoyed time and time again through the years, but unfortunately many of those games are not available in English. One such game is <a href="http://kongming.net/legend_of_cao_cao/">Legend of Cao Cao</a>, a delightful game developed by Koei, which cannot even be imported to the United States through any of the popular game dealers.

You might recall our mention a month ago of a <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=18359">patch</a> for this wonderful game?

Well, we’re back with news—good news. Lady Wu’s wonderful work has been applied to a ground-up revision of the game which we are making available here at Kongming’s Archives. Visit the <a href="http://kongming.net/legend_of_cao_cao/english/">Legend of Cao Cao English Remake Home Page</a> for more information and to download the rather large archive file. The download is pre-patched and thus only available in English. In this way we are able to avoid interfering with the markets to which Koei still distributes this classic.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:32 am

James, is the page not linked to via the main download page yet?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby James » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:48 pm

Lady Wu wrote:James, is the page not linked to via the main download page yet?

Correct. It is linked on the LoCC section sidebar and home page, but nowhere else. I did this because I was short on time and had to work this morning. Very soon I'll be adding it to the Games Download page along with other sections of the site (e.g. Site Map). :)
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:36 am

James, could you kindly put a note in (when you have time) that the thing needs to be extracted with an RAR extractor (like WinRAR)? A few people have inquired about how to open it already.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby James » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:00 am

I will do that. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby EmperorWu » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:52 am

Yeah, I downloaded a RAR Extractor a minute before this post. First of all thanks for the work guys, I can't wait to play it. Anyway maybe you can post a link to 7-Zip, that's what I just downloaded it's free as well. It appears to be pretty popular.
EmperorWu
Assistant

Re: 2/12/08: Legend of Cao Cao English Revision Available!

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:46 am

The final version of LoCC is now available. :)
Lady Wu

Unread postby James » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:48 am

Lady Wu wrote:The final version of LoCC is now available. :)

Did you update the featured download, or is it a new link? :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:54 am

There's a patch available for people who've downloaded it before, and it's the LoCC-110908_update.rar file that I linked to in the LoCC Translation thread. The new complete version (same file name) is currently being uploaded to KMA at the rate of congealed tar dripping through a tunnel.
Lady Wu

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:33 am

Double-post.

I uploaded the final release of the translated LoLB earlier today, too. Perhaps we might as well make a link to that in KMA, and put up the LoLB guides as well?

Oh, and just for fun, I made a .zip archive of LoCC just to see what is the difference in compression. The .rar file is 117MB, while the .zip is 129MB.
Lady Wu

Next

Return to KMA News