12/14/07: Introducing Legend of Cao Cao!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:43 pm

I don't know myself, but you could ask Sun Gongli in his mod thread.

http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=17270
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:17 pm

Woot! this game rocks! umm Im making Cao Cao into a good guy. Zhuge Liang is gonna be the evil one! Im doing a goody story!
Edit: this game is better than Legend of Kongming and Liu Bei. (Sorry I got tired of the same story)
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:04 am

the glorious sun jian wrote:I have played this game today on the ZSNESW emulator sadly it is Japanese and no English release ............

Looks good though not as much as the PC version .

Actually that's not even Legend of Heroes. I have no idea what game that was!

As for the programs people use to mod the game: The Chinese gaming community has created some editor programmes that makes it quite easy to change the data in the game (it helps that the data structure is quite transparent). I used a combination of those editors, a good old hex editor, and a resource hacker such as ExeScope.

PS: Screenshots from Legend of Heroes (James, if you want them in bmp, let me know).

Chapter 1 - The Invasion of Xuzhou: In Xiapi

Chapter 4 - The Final Battle of Shu and Wei: In Xuchang; Zhuge Liang is asking if you're ready to go.

Chapter 3 - The Invasion of Yizhou: In Fu, preparing for battle

Chatper 3 - The Battle of Luo
Pang Tong: "Oh no... they saw through my plan!"

Chapter 3 - The Battle of Luo: Fa Zheng's stats

Chapter 4 - The Final Battle of Shu and Wei: World map
Last edited by Lady Wu on Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby James » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:25 am

I most certainly would!

And if you have any others to add to the collection, I would be thrilled. I’ll be building a section for that game too, at some point, and those are some mighty fine screenshots. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:41 am

The screenshots are placed in the /LoH/ subdirectory under my account. I'm going to glue some captions to them now.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:51 am

According to the ROM files of that SNES game, it's "Sangokushi Eiketsuden" which I am pretty sure is LoH. You can check this guide to see if it does or doesn't match up.

I'm sure the PC version is quite different, but Eiketsuden does have stuff I've seen you mention about LoH before (units like the Band guys and supply units, Yiling is a hard optional stage, Enemies are at set levels so you want to level up a lot, etc.) I could be wrong, but please let me know.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:04 am

Taishi Ci 2.0 wrote:According to the ROM files of that SNES game, it's "Sangokushi Eiketsuden" which I am pretty sure is LoH. You can check this guide to see if it does or doesn't match up.

I'm sure the PC version is quite different, but Eiketsuden does have stuff I've seen you mention about LoH before (units like the Band guys and supply units, Yiling is a hard optional stage, Enemies are at set levels so you want to level up a lot, etc.) I could be wrong, but please let me know.

Weird, you're right. The lists of battles and stuff look identical. The portraits also look similar, but the sprites and the background are totally different...

PS: Found the ROM. Weird! The music is the same, the dialogue seems a bit different (though I was comparing the Japanese ROM to the Chinese PC version), and the battle maps are identical. The world map looks similar. But everything else is different!
Lady Wu

Unread postby Shadowlink » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:15 am

Legend of Mori Motonari
Holy hell!? you serious!? legend of Mouri Motonari?! where can I see this game!? thanks!
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:06 am

Playing Legend of Cao CAo now. Will introduced it to me.

So far, I've decided to take the "idiot's path" in practically every battle. After Hulao Gate, I decided to pursue Dong Zhuo, and actually succeeded in escaping alive. At Qingzhou, I used Dian Wei's "Let me kill them all" plan. At Xuzhou, I decided to continue fighting with Tao Qian after Liu Bei arrived, and I managed to beat Tao Qian. In Puyang I charged through into the fire trap, which resulted in half my army being confused (>_<). In one of the other Puyang battles, I did choose to retreat, but only after I took out maybe half of Lu Bu's army. By the time I left the battle it was turn 15 or something.

So far I'm more evil than good, so I guess I'm just going to stick to the evil path.

Thank you Lady Wu for translating this. I played Legend of Kongming but didn't understand it. This legend game is much more fun now that I know what's actually happening. >_>

Edit-Just saved Dian Wei. But instead of having him flee to the exit point, I charged back in and killed every single unit on the map. :P
Last edited by Jordan on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby the glorious sun jian » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:41 am

I have sent that game (Legends of heros ) to James ....

The first stage is against Hua Xiong
The second is against Lu Bu
The third is against Yuan Shao

Diid not continue yet but Iam sure this game can be very good if someone translate it into English ...

Can someone tell me please when we can consider DOWNLOADING a game is legall or illegal ..... I have found LOCC and LOKM downloadable as ISO for the PS1 and Images for the PC .... but I did not download them yet ..

I have also found Legends Of Motonari as downloadable ISO and I got some pics ...

لا اله الا الله محمد عبده ورسوله
the glorious sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to KMA News