4/2/07: April Fools' 2007

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

4/2/07: April Fools' 2007

Unread postby James » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:17 am

Welcome back, and I hope you enjoyed our <a href="http://kongming.net/archived/af07_goodbye_friends/">April Fools’ 2007</a> joke! Let not your heart be troubled, for Kongming’s Archives is still online—and I have no plans to take it offline at any point in the foreseeable future. Nor would I dream of taking it offline over something like this! My reward for maintaining Kongming’s Archives is, and always will be, seeing the way in which this humble jumble of information has touched so many lives, sometimes quite profoundly. Your emails never go unread.

I’ll be back soon with more details, and with a complete explanation of yesterday’s April Fools’ joke. I’ll also soon reply to the long list of email waiting for me in my inbox. For now, I have some business to take care of in our most excellent forum of scholars, and some sleep to savor before I wake up early this morning to take my kids to school and continue writing my book. Check back soon!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby KOEI Warriors » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:10 pm

Luckily I didn't get lied. I know this ain't going to happen and it's a April's Fool, I've been tricked by you guys last year but this year I didn't lol!
KOEI Warriors
Student

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:33 pm

I'm submitting a resolution to my local congressmen asking them to just strike April 1st from the calendar entirely.

It's just something I...expect now. Like Santa, while delivering presents on Christmas Eve night, getting into our liquor cabinet and passing out on the barcalounger.

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby SailorCallie » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:46 pm

You had me fooled there. :lol:

Happy April Fools Day. :D
SailorCallie
Tyro

Unread postby James » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:00 pm

KOEI Warriors wrote:Luckily I didn't get lied. I know this ain't going to happen and it's a April's Fool, I've been tricked by you guys last year but this year I didn't lol!

Glad we at least got you last year, Inspector Chin! :)
You should have some fun with your Koei Warriors audience.

Liu Yuante wrote:I'm submitting a resolution to my local congressmen asking them to just strike April 1st from the calendar entirely.

Oh come now, Adrian. It is the only time each year we get to mess with some 50,000 people <i>and</i> be forgiven for it. Come to think of it, have you ever fallen for the April Fools jokes? It seems like you’re always the first to notice it is a joke. :?

SailorCallie wrote:You had me fooled there. :lol:

Happy April Fools day! :)
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:37 pm

James wrote:
Liu Yuante wrote:I'm submitting a resolution to my local congressmen asking them to just strike April 1st from the calendar entirely.

Oh come now, Adrian. It is the only time each year we get to mess with some 50,000 people <i>and</i> be forgiven for it. Come to think of it, have you ever fallen for the April Fools jokes? It seems like you’re always the first to notice it is a joke. :?

It's not an anti-SoSZ April Fools' thing at heart, and I certainly would never ask that everyone else stop having fun.

But I've been online since '96. That's 12 years' worth of April Fools from God-only-knows how many websites, online games, etc. Like I said above, I can see it coming. The only time I ever got remotely fooled anytime recently was in 2003 at Baseball Prospectus, Derek Zumsteg wrote an article about how steroids aren't a bad thing, they're a good thing. Those guys are so analytical it actually fooled me - briefly.

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby James » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

Liu Yuante wrote:But I've been online since '96. That's 12 years' worth of April Fools from God-only-knows how many websites, online games, etc. Like I said above, I can see it coming. The only time I ever got remotely fooled anytime recently was in 2003 at Baseball Prospectus, Derek Zumsteg wrote an article about how steroids aren't a bad thing, they're a good thing. Those guys are so analytical it actually fooled me - briefly.

Nice. The only time I ever get fooled myself is by my own family. I never get fooled over the internet, but that is mostly due to the fact I’m involved in the whole conspiracy. At home I enjoy ruses such as:

“Look dad, a chicken!”
“Huh?”
“April Fools!”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby KOEI Warriors » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:03 pm

James wrote:
KOEI Warriors wrote:Luckily I didn't get lied. I know this ain't going to happen and it's a April's Fool, I've been tricked by you guys last year but this year I didn't lol!

Glad we at least got you last year, Inspector Chin! :)
You should have some fun with your Koei Warriors audience.

SailorCallie wrote:You had me fooled there. :lol:

Happy April Fools day! :)

Yeah I had an idea to announce that KW will be closed on April's Fool but I was on the trip and I reached home around 11pm at night so I couldn't make it. And I know KA must have something special for April's Fool so I went to check it!

It'll be funny if both KA and KW announced to close the sites down yesterday... ^^
KOEI Warriors
Student

Unread postby James » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:53 pm

KOEI Warriors wrote:It'll be funny if both KA and KW announced to close the sites down yesterday... ^^

… *cackles an evil cackle*
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Adam » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:05 pm

Yeah, I have the same reaction thingy as Adrian, being on websites in the past kinda got me used to the whole internet April Fools stuff.
I'm just sad I missed Pikachu's Archives.

Honestly, I don't think I've fallen for an April Fool's joke since I was a little kid, though there was that one back when I was about 17....but I don't wanna talk about it....
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to KMA News