1/4/07: Romance of the Three Kingdoms Officer Encyclopedia!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

Unread postby James » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:29 am

Moo wrote:I just have to commend you on your efforts James. This encycolpedia is a stroke of genious and I've been using it since I stumbled upon it on the rotating content on the home page. Kongming.net has provided me with incredible insight into this enchanting and significant era and this beauty has made it easier to find information and all the more more enjoyable (pretty colours and a sleek layout always impress this modest fan's simple mind). Truly top quality; I can't wait to see how it grows. ^_^

Thank you, Moo, for your feedback! Really. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the encyclopedia so much. I always want to thank all the people who have worked on it with me whenever it is mentioned—it really wouldn’t be possible without them. What kills me is the fact that it already has so much more information than other lists on the ’net, but it still has only a fraction of the information that could eventually be included in it. Heck, I use it frequently myself!

I’m also glad the rotating content on the home page has worked for you. I’m planning to add other things to it as well—other sections that people might not know about, but would be worth introducing. I’ve even thought about adding rotating mention of other excellent websites on the internet to gradually introduce them to the kongming.net readership.

Your feedback is always welcome. Thank you for sharing. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Perhong_Angtong » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:57 pm

I just noticed there haven't been an update lately... Is it a downtime or simply a lack of time to update?
Perhong_Angtong
Initiate

Unread postby James » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:51 am

Perhong_Angtong wrote:I just noticed there haven't been an update lately... Is it a downtime or simply a lack of time to update?

To KMA? Some updates have been made, but not announced. I’m going to announce them when I complete the fan-made game section (which will probably only feature your game originally) and add one more section I have in mind. Mostly, though, production has slowed down due to family events and, well, Final Fantasy VI and Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX. :P

If you mean the encyclopedia, it has been soldiering on! Thanks especially to ol’ Dong Z!
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Perhong_Angtong » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:58 am

I see, thanks for the pointer. BTW, have you played ROTK XI on PS2? There's challenge scenarios and Battle of Jie Ting is pretty hard... actually the only thing I haven't completed/unlocked in the game... Do you know if Xiahou Mao or anybody would have a good strategy somewhere on this one?
Perhong_Angtong
Initiate

Unread postby James » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:01 am

Kong Wen has been sharing wonderful strategies for the challenges <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=16707">here</a>! Definitely an excellent read for anyone struggling with one of them. I’m playing the PS2 version as well, but I’ve been concentrating on the actual game. With what little time I have I’ve been soldiering through the unification of China.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Perhong_Angtong » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:35 pm

Great! Thanks... The only problem is that there's no Jie Ting strategy yet...
Perhong_Angtong
Initiate

Unread postby James » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Perhong_Angtong wrote:Great! Thanks... The only problem is that there's no Jie Ting strategy yet...

I imagine ol’ Kong will get to it. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Palsa-San » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:22 pm

I just wanted to say, well done on the Officer Encyclopedia. ^_^
But I noticed that Empress Cao Jie wasn’t mentioned.
In Chapter 66, of The Three Kingdoms.
Cao has her married to Emperor Xian, after ordering the execution of Empress Fu.
In Chapter 80, of The Three Kingdoms.
Cao Pi usurps the dynasty, where his sister, Empress Cao, has a few things to say about it.
According to the Moss Roberts translation.
Found under Notes, it says that her name is Cao Jie.
Quote: “Cao Cao had married his daughter Jie to Emperor Xian”
Just thought I’d mention that. ^_^
Last edited by Palsa-San on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palsa-San
Tyro

Unread postby Adam » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:50 pm

Hrm, I'd add her myself, but I wonder if there's a reason she wasn't added in the first place, considering the fact that the name pops up quite a bit in just plain ol' Google.
*jabs at James with a wire hanger covered in gin*
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:59 pm

I would say a simple oversight, we have around 25-30 woman on the list and we do miss people sometimes. I'll wait for James before I do anything though
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to KMA News