4/17/06: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Portraits!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

4/17/06: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Portraits!

Unread postby James » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:50 am

I would like to announce, to everyone, that the Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Portraits Project, which took place entirely at <a href="/">Scholars of Shen Zhou</a>, has been completed in record time. We have also taken some time, prior to official announcement, to collect errors in the names, and at this point I’ll be surprised if there are more than a few left in the entire collection. What does this mean? Today, you get to see the complete <a href="http://kongming.net/11/portraits/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI Officer Portraits Collection</a>! Also following in the tradition of recent portrait pages, you can view the full-size in-game portraits as well (in this case, 256x256 px). We’ve also added a special bonus. When you click on an officer portrait, not only to you get to view the full-size version, you can also view their name (English/Chinese), game-listed lifespan, game stats (default stats), and game biography (Chinese/Japanese) all in a window specially created for this project. Also, check this update’s thread for updates relative to the created officer portraits. hope everyone enjoys this special treat!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:05 am

I have just uploaded the full created male and female portraits collections. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Wo Long » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:53 am

I almost had an aneurism when I saw these. They're incredible. The Young and Old stuff is awesome. The best part, though, is that Ehuan and Shamoke finally get the cool appearances that they deserve. Nice work James.
Me Blog.
Restore the Ming Dynasty in Beijing!
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to KMA News