3/24/06: Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX Portraits Online!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

3/24/06: Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX Portraits Online!

Unread postby James » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:16 pm

Greetings everyone! I just wanted to announce an update very much like that of a few days ago. Because people were so excited to see the <a href="http://kongming.net/10/portraits/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms X Portraits Collection</a> online, I have added the <a href="http://kongming.net/10/portraits/female.php">Created Female Portraits</a> and the <a href="http://kongming.net/10/portraits/other.php">Other Portraits</a> (including the likes of Bandit, Sun Shang Xiang, and Emperor Xian). The Created Male Portraits are not yet available because I do not have the full collection (but if you do, please feel free to <a href="http://kongming.net/email/">contact me</a>).

Finally, the real update: Remember the <a href="http://home.comcast.net/%7Exianzhuxuande/" target="_blank">Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX Portraits Project</a>? Well, we’ve had the full-resolution versions of the portraits all along, but it would have taken too much time to put them online—until now. I hope you enjoy the new <a href="http://kongming.net/9/portraits/">Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX Portraits Collection</a>, featuring all the in-game officer, miscellaneous, and created character portraits. And like the Three Kingdoms X portraits set above, this set features the higher resolution portraits found in the computer version of the game. If you see any name errors, please feel free to post them in <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=14982">this update’s thread</a> at <a href="/">Scholars of Shen Zhou</a>.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:24 pm

Very nice!

Just some minor typos: Dian Chan shows up as Diao C Han, Lady Zhen shows up as Lady Zh en, Emp. Xian becomes Xi An, etc.

For those who are curious, I use the created female officer 26 for myself in the game. :)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby James » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Thank you for letting me know! I caught those errors as soon as I put the page online. I had to find a way to convert lower case non-spaced names to the proper spaced capitalized names (e.g. diaochan to Diao Chan, or xiahoudun to Xiahou Dun) and I found the only reliable way to do it was to collect all the possible family names, sort them in reverse alphabetica order, and apply spacing from there.

It worked like a charm, except for a few cases like 'chan' which was replaced with 'han' before 'chan' because 'han' held a higher priority. I added a filter to the tool to clean this stuff up, but for some reason it didn't work on this application of the tool. It was worth my time though. It isn’t hard to put huge portrait collections online now, with minimal HTML errors. :)
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby KOEI Warriors » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am

OMG, James, that's really gorgeous!! :)
KOEI Warriors
Student

Unread postby James » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:43 am

I’m glad you appreciate it. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Hubsta » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:56 am

That northern mystic looks damn cool.
"Religion, in which the being reveres one who cannot be proved to exist and lives within boundaries set by people on the same plane, is controlled thinking just as having one’s thoughts forbidden by an absolute ruler is."
Hubsta
Scholar

Unread postby James » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:35 am

Hubsta wrote:That northern mystic looks damn cool.

He’s a sexy beast, I tell you.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby James » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:52 am

Minor Update
Thanks to Ryan (Asellas), the custom male portraits from Romance of the Three Kingdoms X are now online. That completes the Romance of the Three Kingdoms X online portraits collection. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:09 pm

Wow, looking at the portraits I wish I had at least one RoTK game but I've never seen them in any of my game shops...probably why I never played DW3 before DW4. There's a lot of officers!!

It's a brilliant lay out though!!

For those who are curious, I use the created female officer 26 for myself in the game.

She's real cool looking!! I'd use number 5, she looks more like me when I have my natural hair colour!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:28 pm

Thanks Asellas! And James!

Male portrait 44 looks like a eunuch.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Next

Return to KMA News