3/22/06: Romance of the Three Kingdoms X Portraits Online!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

3/22/06: Romance of the Three Kingdoms X Portraits Online!

Unread postby James » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:19 pm

Here’s another update, and I hope it finds all of you well. We have pretty much settled in with the new host, and most of the transition has been fully worked out (there are still a few broken things here and there, like some submission forms and the home page archives) and they too will be ironed out in the future. Lately much of the work has been mechanical, so I won’t bore you with those details. As soon as we push through it, however, some wonderful things will appear.

Not wanting to leave all of you empty handed, however, I have prepared a special treat. I have taken the <a href="http://kongming.net/10/portraits/">full collection of <i>officer</i> portraits from Romance of the Three Kingdoms X</a> and assembled them into an online alphabetical portraits section. Some of you may remember that we used to have sections like this on the site, but took them down years ago. I think it is time for them to make a comeback. Unlike the <a href="http://home.comcast.net/%7Exianzhuxuande/" target="_blank">Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX Portraits Project</a>, which features half-size portraits, you can click on any portrait in this project to view it at the full size found in the actual game. Thanks to a member named Asellas, we’ll probably add extra photographs in a little bit as well! Enjoy!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sam » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:04 pm

Great stuff, James. I'm quite surprised by some of the changes Koei have made to their officer portraits, and even more by what they haven't, but the portraits are extremely useful. Do you plan on using them to replace the older portrait editions in the biography section?
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Wo Long » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:41 am

:shock:

*runs off to KMA*

I've been waiting for some X portraits!
Me Blog.
Restore the Ming Dynasty in Beijing!
Wo Long
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby zhao_yun_006 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:57 am

nicely done james. one thing, though. name typo. zhang jue is zhang jiao in the game. yes, we all know about the yellow turbans..er scarves...er...

anyway, in the game, they call him zhang jiao. we all know who he is, but still...
zhao_yun_006
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:44 am

Sam wrote:Great stuff, James. I'm quite surprised by some of the changes Koei have made to their officer portraits, and even more by what they haven't, but the portraits are extremely useful. Do you plan on using them to replace the older portrait editions in the biography section?

I’ve had the collection of portraits for well over half a year now. I just haven’t assembled a section to put them online. If you look at the biography project you’ll actually find that a collection of them already use Romance of the Three Kingdoms X portraits instead of IX portraits. I’ll just go along using whichever portrait I think looks best, rather than using all from a specific game. :)

zhao_yun_006 wrote:anyway, in the game, they call him zhang jiao. we all know who he is, but still...

Phooey! :devil:
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Huang Bob » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:14 am

Hooray!!!
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:41 am

Giving them a once-over for mistakes.. I see that Deng Ai's son Deng Zhong is mistakenly listed as Dong Zhong. Gongsun Du is listed as Gonsun Du. Guo Si is listed as Gui Si. Li Hui is listed as Lu Hui. Mang Yachang is listed as Mang Yangchang. Cheng Man is listed as Sheng Man. Taishi Heng is listed as Taishi Xiang (or was Heng from the old games wrong? I'm iffy on that one). Wu Ju is listed as Wu Yu. Zang Ba is listed as Zhang Ba. Zhang Mancheng is listed as Zhang Mengcheng (does he feel the power in his own hands?). And, um, that's all I notice at the moment.

*hides*
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:50 am

I noticed some other thing a while ago but I forgot what it was. I think maybe King Duosi was Kong Duosi or something like that. But mistakes aside, you rock James! I didn't even know Guo Yuan was in ROTK X. I'm so glad Koei added him in. I hope he appears in 11 too. Does anybody know his stats?
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:11 am

From what I remember of Guo Yuan, he has a high-80s Politics as his main stat. Rough estimate of his stats would be 68-35-75-88-70.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:17 am

You stat freaks scare the s**t out of me.

All I knew about Guo Yuan was his style name.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Next

Return to KMA News