2/17/06: Back online after over a week of downtime!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

Unread postby Deathman48 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:54 am

Ah, then in that case it likely is because I'm at a University, contrary to what I said in my reply. I'm unsure if my IP is hidden, but if it it it's likely to be because of the University. I guess it's not critical as I was still able to get in contact, and if there's been abuse or risk of abuse then it's understandable, at the site I frequent most a lot of things have been blocked off because the potential for abuse of similar things is high and they just had to blanket block a large chunk until they could sort things out.

But yes, thanks for the help. ^_^
Deathman48
Tyro

Unread postby James » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:17 am

Yeah, we have to be careful. If I lost control of things like this, major providers might block my domain from sending or receiving mail. I would hate, for example, to be blocked off from the entire Comcast, AOL, or Hotmail user networks because my domain was flagged as a spam haven. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Deathman48 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:44 am

Yeah. As I said, I understand, no webmaster can really afford that kind of mass blocking, it would be pretty crippling. =/ Well I sent my original link submission in the reply to your reply, so hopefully the long quest of trying to get it submitted and on your site is almost over. ^^
Deathman48
Tyro

Unread postby James » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:48 am

I do indeed have it. It will probably appear on the Links page in the next update. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to KMA News