9/24/05: A different breed of update...

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

Unread postby Tyler » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:39 am

I'm interested to hear the legal dispute concerning the ROMs.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:30 am

1) Some company or another files a complaint with my root host about ROM files that don’t, and haven’t ever, existed on KMA. Host, and I can’t blame them, solves problem first, and looks into it later—by leaving the solution up to me.
2) I’m presented with the information shortly afterward, and no way to file the paperwork through the internet bureaucracy. I’m not particularly inclined to care, because their accusation is founded on no fact, and as such, there’s nothing they can do. I start looking for other solutions.
3) We lose our host, and move to a new host.
4) The concerns of the past have been voided under these circumstances. Suspecting a random internet search of the problem, I continue pondering solutions even though the problem has been solved. I don’t want to see a repeat of the same abuse of power again.

That’s about it. Nothing interesting.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tyler » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:32 am

Yes that has been summed up before but when can we expect the return of the ROMs?
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:55 am

Tyler wrote:Yes that has been summed up before but when can we expect the return of the ROMs?

Some future update and, as usual, it will only be ancient Three Kingdoms stuff. I’ve already had people asking about new stuff like the Dynasty Warriors GBA version. The first priority in the section is to make sure it never costs the companies a dime (translation: the ROM won’t come anywhere near distribution—I don’t have it anyway).
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Previous

Return to KMA News