8/17/05: We're off to GenCon Indy, but we'll return soon!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

8/17/05: We're off to GenCon Indy, but we'll return soon!

Unread postby James » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:51 pm

I’m leaving for vacation now, and I’ll be gone a little over a week. We’re off to Indianapolis for GenCon. Though much of this site works now, several things are still broken (various submission forms and some download content in particular). When we return, we’ll address those matters one at a time. We’ve also had some very kind people offer music hosting, and we’re in the process of developing a much more secure (and compatible) music downloads page to protect their bandwidth. These things and more are in the site’s near future. In the mean time, please feel free to <a href="/email/">send me error reports</a> so I can take care of them when I return.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby KOEI Warriors » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:22 am

I hope I can host soundtrack, James, but I got no server since I got those mp3s in my computer, simgames.net doesn't allow me to do so, so if anyone here has a server may give me an account so that I can upload the DW OST in? :twisted: Thanks a lot!
KOEI Warriors
Student

Broken Links, Broken Heart

Unread postby Yang Guo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:11 pm

even dho i dont have an account @ kongming, i visit this place a lot and i follow the rules ^_^. yea the dw5 music was working for a while and a few days later i came back to dl some dw5 osts and they became broken links, i have no clue why. =\
Yang Guo

Unread postby James » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:27 am

We’ve got plans to try something new, and perhaps very cool, with music hosting. It still might be a little bit down the road, due to the amount of programming I’ll have to do, but stay tuned. Until then, read the FAQ entry on the music page.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tyler » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:20 pm

Why do you not just use the service I directed you to ? :rangry:

There are many things James

Service (gave in PM)
Bittorrent (set up a tracker at kongming)
P2P
Use your new server you got
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:57 pm

Tyler wrote:Use your new server you got

We're aiming for a combination of this one and continued featured hosting. I'm writing a script that can govern alloted downloads and conceal the location of source files. This, combined with referrer checking on the server side, will allow me to say, for example, "Person X, you get ten downloads a day."

I've also set it up so the music will download directly, rather than play in the browser. No need to depend on them to know how to manually download anymore, and no more concerns about people listening to the music on the servers. This could let us host all of them if we are fortunate.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Return to KMA News