7/8/05: A month and a half of updates; now in one edition!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

Unread postby DivineNecromancerZL » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:01 am

James wrote:
Kongming's Prodigy wrote:I would like to see that list just for a good laugh.

Spider-Man
Tomb Raider
Frogger
Yu-Gi-Oh
Dig Dug
Pac Man
Donkey Kong
Mario
Pokemon
Zelda
Rayman
Metroid
Splinter Cell
Wario
Final Fantasy
Kirby
Fantastic Four
Madagascar
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

The only one I see is Pokemon, (Pikachu's Archives) but I don't think that should be a problem, no?
Liu Rin | Tokugami Yoshimitsu
300 Posts at 15/Dec/2005

This post has been posted using DNZL's Automated Posting Service. Please do not respond.
DivineNecromancerZL
Sage

Unread postby James » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:28 pm

DivineNecromancerZL wrote:The only one I see is Pokemon, (Pikachu's Archives) but I don't think that should be a problem, no?

They were complaining that we’ve been distributing illegal copies of these games. Pikachu’s Archives was an april fools’ joke, and certainly didn’t include software download, or anything that might even be considered a copyright infringement.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Harimau » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:04 am

It could be a scamming company... I've heard it done before, although never succeeding.
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Unread postby DivineNecromancerZL » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:58 pm

James wrote:
DivineNecromancerZL wrote:The only one I see is Pokemon, (Pikachu's Archives) but I don't think that should be a problem, no?

They were complaining that we’ve been distributing illegal copies of these games. Pikachu’s Archives was an april fools’ joke, and certainly didn’t include software download, or anything that might even be considered a copyright infringement.

Oh... so thats why the ROM page was down. Interesting.
Liu Rin | Tokugami Yoshimitsu
300 Posts at 15/Dec/2005

This post has been posted using DNZL's Automated Posting Service. Please do not respond.
DivineNecromancerZL
Sage

Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Moushouden

Unread postby Blade_of_Mengde » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:44 am

Uh,I recently found info on game faqs saying that DW5XL is in the works and rumors of new characters (primarily Wang Ping,Guo Jia,Ding Feng,and Gao Shun) are already flying around.There are also suppose to be 3 new modes and more challenge modes as well.My question is:Do you guys already know of this,and if so,are you going to clarify any information,especially any on new characters since that is what most of the posters at gamefaqs care about,on the next update?Thx 8-)
Blade_of_Mengde

Unread postby Iain » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:32 am

There is much information on the forthcoming DW5XL already in the DWT section of Scholars, you should sign up and get a chance to voice your own opinions there. :)
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby James » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:05 am

By all means, Blade_of_Mengde, sign up and discuss games in the forum! :)

Harimau wrote:It could be a scamming company... I've heard it done before, although never succeeding.

Nah. I can’t shake the feeling that it is probably Nintendo. They are really anal about that sort of thing, and have a track record for misdirected warnings like this. Of course, this is just speculation. Are those all Nintendo branded games?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby SYL » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:12 am

Tomb Raider is not. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a connection somewhere.
aortic high arctic part mood altered paradise is lost
SYL
Esswhyell

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:18 pm

I don't think Final Fantasy is either, unless they are referring to Final Fantasy Tactics-Advance for the Gameboy Advance system. I'm fairly sure Rayman is only for Playstation but I could be wrong and also I don't know about Splinter Cell. Although what you say is probably a likely possibility since most of those games that they claim you had roms of star popular Nintendo mascots. Specifically Zelda, Mario, Wario, Pokemon, Metroid & Donkey Kong. A lot of those games I think might be on all systems. Is it possible that Nintendo filed a list of irrational complaints for several games and then added in games from other systems to mask themselves & keep themselves anonymous?

They are really anal about that sort of thing, and have a track record for misdirected warnings like this. Of course, this is just speculation. Are those all Nintendo branded games?

That's true. I've actually heard of a few instances where Nintendo has sent sites emails for these kind of things or sent out an irrational warning, etc. so they probably do have a record for doing these things. It's not surprising though because there are actually a lot of emulators & roms for Nintendo games and products. Probably more than for Playstation or Xbox. (Microsoft is anal about it too though...they once offered Xbox Live for 3 free months for a list of people's names who recieved illegally distributed copies of Halo.)
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bryan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:01 pm

I don't think Final Fantasy is either, unless they are referring to Final Fantasy Tactics-Advance for the Gameboy Advance system.
You must be forgetting about the older titles, then. Like Final Fantasy II and III(US), which could be found in text on the Avatar section of KA. Still, that doesn't apply to the Download section.

Is it possible that Nintendo filed a list of irrational complaints for several games and then added in games from other systems to mask themselves & keep themselves anonymous?
Anything's possible from a certain standpoint. Personally, I don't think it was Nintendo, though it been known to make these mistakes in the past, it's usually not anonymous about it. If it is, maybe they've learned and are trying something different?
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to KMA News