5/3/05: On vacation to good ol' Utah. Soon to return!

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

5/3/05: On vacation to good ol' Utah. Soon to return!

Unread postby James » Wed May 04, 2005 1:07 am

I will be on vacation, without internet access, until 5/11/05. (Yay!)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Huang Bob » Wed May 04, 2005 2:17 am

Why, on all the places on Earth, would you take a vacation to Utah? Utah - America's (insert insult to Utah).
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Tyler » Wed May 04, 2005 2:43 am

Because James is in Cali and he grew up in Utah from what I understand.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Big J » Wed May 04, 2005 8:53 am

Sounds cool to me, have a nice internet-free time! Sounds calm and peaceful :lol:
Big J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Wed May 04, 2005 3:26 pm

Yes, James used to live in Utah so it makes sense that he is going there for a vacation. A little funny comment from me, when I first read your post, James, I thought you were coming back on the 5th November!
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby Huang Bob » Wed May 04, 2005 7:27 pm

I'm sorry you had to grow up in Utah, James. :)
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Shield of Rohan » Wed May 04, 2005 9:28 pm

I (well, sort of :wink: ) grew up there myself. I lived there until I was 5, but have gone back from time to time, though almost always just in the Salt Lake area and once or twice up near Logan.

Its mountains and valleys are simply beautiful, but true, there are things I don't like about it compared to here in Georgia. The people (in general) are different, to say the least - and its not the religion.
"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded, what others do only from fear of the law." -Aristotle
Shield of Rohan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Big J » Sat May 07, 2005 2:36 am

Li Ruiyue wrote:Yes, James used to live in Utah so it makes sense that he is going there for a vacation. A little funny comment from me, when I first read your post, James, I thought you were coming back on the 5th November!

Yeah I sometimes get confused by the English daesand American dates :?

:lol:
Big J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Trip and then some

Unread postby volume1pmp » Sun May 08, 2005 11:03 pm

James. My name is Vol. I. I have been to this site about 5 times since learning about it. I will make this quick due to fact that I dont know anything about Utah. :wink: I have found my calling in learning all that I can about this fascinating time in human history. I have studied this since I was 6th grade in one way or another. (its video games, and Im 26) I have now read the three kingdoms, front to back, many times and now am working on the side notes, other works by authors about this time, trying to buy the dvds to watch, and even so far as going to get all 5 tigers, sleeping dragon, young phoenix, and jiang weis names tattooed on my arms. (i already have Liu Bei on both sides of my neck. Now all that jibba-jabba about me is to prove to someone out there that i am not foolin' about my loyalty to this site. Know this. I do not have internet access but will have soon. I shall then be here always and consistency. My main and only question is this, (everyone seems to know you so thats why i ask you) who do i talk to about learning more, conversing more, debating more, and being in this heaven ordaned clique? Everyone in my town thinks im retarded about being in to this so much. They dont get it. Please help! I dont even know how you can contact me. Just remember me. Im Zilong looking for Xuande. Oh yeah, I hope the trip to Utah was enjoyable. Im not making fun like the others.
volume1pmp

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun May 08, 2005 11:21 pm

I think he has some friends there too.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Next

Return to KMA News