3/15/05: 1785th anniversary of Cao Mengde's death.

Kongming's Archives news and updates. Topics posted to this forum are displayed on the Kongming's Archives home page. If you are interested in participating please contact James.

3/15/05: 1785th anniversary of Cao Mengde's death.

Unread postby James » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:30 pm

New <a href="http://kongming.net/novel/bios/type.php#sgyy"><i>Sanguo Yanyi</i> biographies</a> of <a href="http://kongming.net/novel/sgyy/zumao.php">Zu Mao (Darong)</a>, <a href="http://kongming.net/novel/sgyy/jiangshu.php">Jiang Shu</a>, and <a href="http://kongming.net/novel/sgyy/zoujing.php">Zou Jing</a> are available for your viewing pleasure; each by Sam Wrest. Today also marks the 1785th anniversary of Cao Cao’s death!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:46 am

Yes Zu Mao my man, there you go boy, thats how you do it. Woooooo.
But I didn't learn anything from what I already knew, but thanks because I think he was one of the more important Wu general

Unread postby Zu Mao the Brave » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:51 am

I did that my bad didn't log in.
"He entered the tent and tossed Hua Xiong's head, freshly severed, on the ground. His wine still warm."

Romance of the Three Kingdom
Ch. 5 PG 85
Zu Mao the Brave
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:55 am

I’m not surprised considering your username. There’s probably a lot more about him in <i>Sanguozhi</i>, which has no doubt been discussed at the site. Maybe someone will translate his bio down the road.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zu Mao the Brave » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:29 pm

I don't picture him with a mustache though
"He entered the tent and tossed Hua Xiong's head, freshly severed, on the ground. His wine still warm."

Ch. 5 PG 85
Zu Mao the Brave
Apprentice

Unread postby James » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:41 pm

I think, in IX, Koei sort of gave him the generic officer treatment.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zu Mao the Brave » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:10 pm

That would be the coolest thing if someone traslated the SGZ bio. Him and Gongsun Zan (that way I can learn more about him for my fanfic). If I could I would do every bio, but I cant read chinese :cry:
I like hearing about greater deeds for lesser known heros. Such as Hu Juer, or Yan Yan, or Gao Shun, or that yellow turban officer Zhang Man Cheng, or Pan Feng who carried that big ax, fought Hua Xiong and died. Those people I thought were cool. Im kinda sick about hearing about every general that got on DW4 except Guan Yu, and Zhou Tai. There the masters of disaters.

Ch. 5 PG 85
Zu Mao the Brave
Apprentice

Unread postby Sam » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:43 pm

Zu Mao the Brave wrote:That would be the coolest thing if someone traslated the SGZ bio. Him and Gongsun Zan (that way I can learn more about him for my fanfic). If I could I would do every bio, but I cant read chinese :cry:
I like hearing about greater deeds for lesser known heros. Such as Hu Juer, or Yan Yan, or Gao Shun, or that yellow turban officer Zhang Man Cheng, or Pan Feng who carried that big ax, fought Hua Xiong and died. Those people I thought were cool. Im kinda sick about hearing about every general that got on DW4 except Guan Yu, and Zhou Tai. There the masters of disaters.

Those sort of guys are mainly who I write by SGYY biographies for. It's much more rewarding to bring the lesser known generals into the limelight.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby James » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:01 pm

Forever Changes wrote:Those sort of guys are mainly who I write by SGYY biographies for. It's much more rewarding to bring the lesser known generals into the limelight.

I like seeing them too. A great deal of the historical debate revolves around the major characters as well, especially those in Dynasty Warriors, and it is always nice for people to have a reminder that there are others. Not just the guys who had short roles in RTK, but also the people that had major roles, but weren’t addressed by Koei.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zu Mao the Brave » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:20 am

Yeah. I mean look at Dian Wei. He was a big strong guy, but still died by a regular soldier.
In my fanfic (which I am going to have to start all over, I hate my computer)
It has two point of views Gongsun Zan
and a lonly foot soldier, Tang Nuan style Baozhing who joins Gongsun Zan against the yellow turbans. If I get it done, I will add it to kongming archieves

Ch. 5 PG 85
Zu Mao the Brave
Apprentice

Next

Return to KMA News