Would you like to be a Kongming’s Archives Editor?

A special forum in which articles are transformed into articles at Kongming’s Archives. (Learn More)

Moderator: Kongming’s Archives Editors

Would you like to be a Kongming’s Archives Editor?

Unread postby James » Sat May 17, 2008 3:39 am

Well, would you like to edit articles at Kongming’s Archives here in our wonderful forum?
If you are interested in adding content to Kongming’s Archives all you have to do is post here! Please include the details listed below with your response so we can consider your request:

• What are you interested in editing?
  • Tell us about your interest in the Three Kingdoms?
  • Please write a paragraph about yourself.
Kongming’s Archives Editors

What We Are Looking For
As a Kongming’s Archives Editor you will actually be adding content to the Kongming’s Archives’ website. As such, it is important that the content you contribute is appropriate for the site. This generally means that you must show an attention to detail when choosing words and writing paragraphs. The ability to form proper English sentences and write clearly is a must (see exception below). This is why we would like you to write a bit about yourself (but in honesty, if you’ve been a member for a little while we probably already know if you would be right for this).

Knowledgeable Members Always Welcome
I would also like to explain an important exception. If you are able to contribute important information we want you to be an editor regardless of your ability to write English clearly. As a second language English is tough, but that doesn't stop a person from being intelligent. If you are able to contribute in this way we would be happy to enjoy your assistance while creating new articles. We can always edit the English before publishing it.

What Does Membership Mean?
First, it means you will have the sincere thanks of not only myself, but of tens of thousands of other people across the world. Kongming’s Archives is only special because of all the people who have contributed. If it weren’t for people like you the site probably wouldn’t even exist today. As Kongming’s Archives is a non-profit site I can’t pay you, of course, but I am thrilled to share small things with the most active community members, such as custom titles and access to Odds & Ends, our special goodie downloads page. But if you want to participate please make sure it is because you want to share your knowledge with the community. That's what matters most. :)

Thank you for sharing your time with us!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Re: Would you like to be a Kongming’s Archives Editor?

Unread postby James » Sat May 17, 2008 3:41 am

The following members have been drafted into this project. :devil:

Arakasi
Dong Zhou
Mikhail
SlickSlicer
Sun Gongli
Taishi Ci 2.0
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:47 am

I am interested mainly in working on the Legends articles (specifically Legend of Cao Cao) since I have a lot of experience with it and I put together the initial guide. There's a lot of people on here that know things about LoCC and this Wiki-type article would help to put together a great resource for the game, and possibly branch out to Legends of Heroes/Kongming. Someday I also hope to work on stuff for the Fantasia Sanguo games.

My interest in RTK came first from playing DW3, which got me interested in the history. I read the novel online, found this site, and the rest is history.

About me: :huohu:
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby James » Sat May 17, 2008 3:50 am

Sounds great, Taishi Ci 2.0!

Of course you don't need to apply. I drafted you before you even got around to posting. :devil:

As I'm putting this together (I've already finished the SoSZ back-end so all that remains is the creation of a Kongming’s Archives downloader and conversion application) it is looking like something which I can easily roll out. It may take very little effort to start a new article and publish it to Kongming’s Archives. If we get a fair chunk of members participating this could accomplish some really cool stuff. :)

And Legend of Cao Cao articles are fair game. We can have two, a dozen, twenty...
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Guan Yan » Sat May 17, 2008 5:53 am

what exactly are you guys doing on the forums puting in information or what is it?
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sat May 17, 2008 6:03 am

Guan Yan wrote:what exactly are you guys doing on the forums puting in information or what is it?

Read the introductory topics I've just written, and the global announcement on the same subject, and you'll probably have a good idea of what I'm up to. If you have any more specific questions afterward I'll be happy to answer them. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Guan Yan » Sat May 17, 2008 8:43 am

Are you re-doing the history page?
Yuan shu you dare declare yourself emporor I shall bring the justice of the Han upon your head.
Guan Yan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sat May 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Guan Yan wrote:Are you re-doing the history page?

The home page? Not through this project. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Mikhail » Sat May 17, 2008 10:40 pm

How exactly did you choose the people to be drafted?
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby James » Sat May 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Mikhail wrote:How exactly did you choose the people to be drafted?

I evaluated all 125 active posters by twenty-seven different criteria. To avoid confusion I created a large Excel spreadsheet and assigned a weight to each criteria, ranking a member positively or negatively in each category. The spreadsheet then calculated all the criteria based on the parameters I entered and ranked each member according to the possibly of contribution, vandalism, interest and community participation. Having narrowed it down to thirty potential top-candidates I then opened up my mail client, selected thirty random people who have contacted me within the last month, and signed them up.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Next

Return to KMA Articles