Destiny of an Emperor: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Destiny of an Emperor?

Yes
79%
No
1%
Unsure
2%
Never Played It
19%

Total votes : 121

Destiny of an Emperor: Discussion Thread

Unread postby yukiko » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:50 pm

Use this thread for general discussion and questions related to Capcom’s Destiny of an Emperor.
Destiny of an Emperor Home Page at Kongming’s Archives.

- - - - - -

Original post: In the original Destiny of an Emperor, there is supposed to be something called "dead wood" under a tree in Jian An. But it is not there. I've "checked" about a billion times, and there isn't anything anywhere near that tree. Is there a known glitch in the game about this?
yukiko
Tyro

Unread postby James » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:13 pm

If you are searching under the old man’s tree and finding nothing, you obviously came across a glitch. In my old NES version a few select chests would disappear on gameplay including the Halberd and some of the special swords (along with a normal sword that originally appeared under the guy that looked like Pang Tong). If the chest isn’t there, you’ll have to restart.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby yukiko » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:57 pm

If you're talking about the guy who tells you "check the area around me," then I didn't find anything around him, either. I'm playing with a rom, but the same thing happened with that sword and this "dead wood" stuff on my nes copy. If I just start a new game, the glitch will disappear? Odd that it has happened twice, but I know the game's beatable...
yukiko
Tyro

Unread postby James » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:59 pm

Not sure. Only way you can find out is to start over again. You can try downloading a new ROM from kongming.net just in case the file is corrupted in some way. You certainly won’t get anywhere with your current game.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Trip My Wire » Wed May 19, 2004 12:47 am

I've got another quick Destiny of an Emperor 1 question...

I'm in the beginning and I just entered the cave behind the Yellow Scarves Castle. Inside there is a little stream with a guy standing their. How do I cross that stream?

Also, is there any place that has a list of the explanations of what the tactics do so I don't have to test them in order to find out?
"While others were engaged in manufacturing cocktails, I offered the public pure cold water." - Jean Sibelius
Trip My Wire
Assistant

Unread postby Cardinal Biggles » Wed May 19, 2004 1:54 pm

Trip My Wire wrote:I've got another quick Destiny of an Emperor 1 question...

I'm in the beginning and I just entered the cave behind the Yellow Scarves Castle. Inside there is a little stream with a guy standing their. How do I cross that stream?

Also, is there any place that has a list of the explanations of what the tactics do so I don't have to test them in order to find out?

Recruit Ma Zhong (from a random field battle), put him in the lead of your party, and talk to the guy in front of the stream. That should let you get by :)
Cardinal Biggles
Academic

Unread postby ShangXiang » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:38 pm

:oops:
Can I post a off the topic question..?
Do you guys play this game on computer or nintendo..?
If it is a computer game, can any of you give me an URL to download it..?
Thank you:)

I've played this game 4 years ago and it was in Chinese version... It never finished it because when I got to find Zhugeliang, he never woke up.... I was standing at front ot his door for like a million year and he still was sleeping like a piggy...
ShangXiang
Tyro

Unread postby Asellas » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:14 pm

ShangXiang wrote::oops:
Can I post a off the topic question..?
Do you guys play this game on computer or nintendo..?
If it is a computer game, can any of you give me an URL to download it..?
Thank you:)

I've played this game 4 years ago and it was in Chinese version... It never finished it because when I got to find Zhugeliang, he never woke up.... I was standing at front ot his door for like a million year and he still was sleeping like a piggy...

They are playing it on the PC/Mac and as you know it can be played on Ninitendo but whenever someone mentions a ROM it is always played on the PC.
Here is the link to download it
http://kongming.net/doae/
Hmm... I just need to find an emulator to play it.

EDIT: Yikes, Sorry James, edited the link, gah why didn't I remember that.
Last edited by Asellas on Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby James » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:43 pm

Asellas wrote:[snip]
Hmm... I just need to find an emulator to play it.

Please don't post links directly to zip files anywhere. That's the best way for the URL to get out on the Internet leading to a bunch of people downloading the file directly without so much as even a glance at KMA, or to people feeling that it is okay to do the same elsewhere on the Internet.
Last edited by James on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby DemonKnight » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:51 am

I am playing Destiny of an Emperor on an emulator and I reached Jian An last night. I also am not finding the limb from a tree that is a 1000 yrs old (deadwood) Its not a chest James just a spot you are supposed to search. If you search directly north of the tree you do find a scimitar but the limb is not there. I had another situation similar to this in the cave where you get the iron ore for the swordsmith. The chest there was ALREADY OPENED!! I continued the story until I had to have the ore to get past, and went back again and that time it was closed. So I've been trying to do the same with the limb only there is no story to progress without it and no matter how many times I come back its just not there. The only thing I can think of Yukiko is that if you are using an emulator try to only use the in game save function as I think save states on emulators may have caused this problem. (not sure how though) The guy that tells you to check the area around him....(cant remember the item) the item is right in front of him prob where you stood to talk to him.

Back on my old NES copy I never had any of these problems...I got all the way near the end and just never finished it....but I would really hate to start over from here
I wish I could CTRL-ALT-DEL you!!
DemonKnight
Tyro

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games