Destiny of an Emperor: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Destiny of an Emperor?

Yes
79%
No
1%
Unsure
2%
Never Played It
19%

Total votes : 121

Re: Destiny of an Emperor: Discussion Thread

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:05 am

Might want to check this one out James

http://www.lordyuanshu.com/forums/topic ... iculty-run
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 am

James knows of the DoaE Low Level Challenge. Craig desperately wants to be listed on that page lol. He even went so far as to go through Shu with Smoke Pots so he avoided the final Lu Bu battle. Yet he still finished with more EXP than my run :huohu:

The agility thing is funny. I know when hacking first started and I set up the Destiny of an Emperor Yuan Shu mod, I would wonder why the hell Ji Ling would be going last, even after the bandits/rebels/brigands. Because I set his agility to be 200 and in turn it bottoms out.

Ultimately, it just shows how far we have come since starting to hack DoaE. It's quite amazing. It all started with Huo Hu and the Song Bros. Now we can edit the map, towns, caves, text, doubled the size of the roms, added all kinds of battle functionality. All thanks to the countless hours of work done by the folks who created the Destiny of an Emperor Hacking Guide.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:51 am

Now we can edit ...caves,

Actually, other than changing the location on the world map, we still haven't discovered how this one can be edited in the rom. If we could, I would be putting floor damage tiles everywhere! :devil:

James knows of the DoaE Low Level Challenge. Craig desperately wants to be listed on that page lol. He even went so far as to go through Shu with Smoke Pots so he avoided the final Lu Bu battle. Yet he still finished with more EXP than my run :huohu:

I would agree on this one, the Kongming.net site for DOAE Hacking is like 5+ years old now and with so much that has happened in the last 5 years, it's disappointing that updates and challengers like this have been neglected.

sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Oh, I thought you were editing caves. I guess I'm wrong there.

the Kongming.net site for DOAE Hacking is like 5+ years old now and with so much that has happened in the last 5 years

Well in a way I don't blame him. It would take days of him reading up on the happenings the last few years to understand what is capable with DoaE hacking. Plus he hasn't really updated the video game portion of Kongming anyway. I bet he gets to it some day though, he is a true :huohu: disciple after all.
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Lordyuanshu wrote:James knows of the DoaE Low Level Challenge. Craig desperately wants to be listed on that page lol. He even went so far as to go through Shu with Smoke Pots so he avoided the final Lu Bu battle. Yet he still finished with more EXP than my run :huohu:

Where is Craig? :huohu:

Lordyuanshu wrote:Ultimately, it just shows how far we have come since starting to hack DoaE. It's quite amazing. It all started with Huo Hu and the Song Bros. Now we can edit the map, towns, caves, text, doubled the size of the roms, added all kinds of battle functionality. All thanks to the countless hours of work done by the folks who created the Destiny of an Emperor Hacking Guide.

Well in a way I don't blame him. It would take days of him reading up on the happenings the last few years to understand what is capable with DoaE hacking. Plus he hasn't really updated the video game portion of Kongming anyway. I bet he gets to it some day though, he is a true :huohu: disciple after all.

I really do need to update some of this stuff. Unfortunately I've become rusty and it would take a pretty decent amount of time to even update my Cao Cao mod (though MiDKnighT and Sonic Penguin mentioned they might have some time to put on the finishing touches at some point, which would be wonderful).

If someone has some time to help with the hacking section I could definitely upgrade it. Not just providing and formatting some new information, but also updating links to other resources that have developed for the subject.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:21 am

I really do need to update some of this stuff. Unfortunately I've become rusty and it would take a pretty decent amount of time to even update my Cao Cao mod (though MiDKnighT and Sonic Penguin mentioned they might have some time to put on the finishing touches at some point, which would be wonderful).

You mean.... this!
http://www.lordyuanshu.com/forums/topic/new-mod-hero-of-chaos-cao-cao-mod

More of an extreme makeover really...
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:04 am

sonic.penguin wrote:You mean.... this!
http://www.lordyuanshu.com/forums/topic/new-mod-hero-of-chaos-cao-cao-mod

More of an extreme makeover really...

I knew DoaE modding had progressed quite a bit, but some of the stuff you guys have cobbled together is really impressive. When I was working on the previous mod I never would have imagined some of these changes.

I replied over at LYS. I'm curious to know if the two of you are working on something like we discussed earlier or something else entirely. And I would love to share some thoughts and ideas along the way if you're retaining the spirit of the original Cao Cao mod I worked on some years ago. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Not sure if its been mentioned here, but DoaE2 has been translated too.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Ranbir wrote:Not sure if its been mentioned here, but DoaE2 has been translated too.

Is that the one with supremely overpowered Jiang Wei or was that the first one?
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:21 pm

No idea. I just know its translated.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games