Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou) Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Koei’s Samurai Warriors?

Yes
84%
No
8%
Unsure…
3%
Never Played It…
5%

Total votes : 63

Unread postby JamesD » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:41 am

DarkScorpion26 wrote:So everyone is waiting on SW2 Empires or other skip that expansion and are awaiting the SW3 release. So far away :cry:

Scorpion from koei forums? Anyway I personally like the empires series so I will probsbly get this one.
JamesD
Langzhong

Unread postby Ricky » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:33 am

I've played all SW games. So yes I do recommend it, from my experience it would keep you entertained for hours(maybe just me) I just hate Ranmaru's look in the game.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:22 pm

Yeah, i reccomend it. The story line is much inferior to the Dynasty warriors but the game is better so its suits both fans of ROTK and new gamers more interested in Japanese history than chinese.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FuguNabe » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:01 am

Skode wrote:Yeah, i reccomend it. The story line is much inferior to the Dynasty warriors but the game is better so its suits both fans of ROTK and new gamers more interested in Japanese history than chinese.

Saying the Sengoku Musou storyline is inferior to Sangoku Musou is like saying Chinese history is better than Japanese history. While I'm interested in both quite equally the interest of one to another could indeed be the determining factor here. Either that or the gameplay which the SGM his much better than the SSGM series IMO. I recommend both.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Skode » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:47 pm

FuguNabe wrote:
Skode wrote:Yeah, i reccomend it. The story line is much inferior to the Dynasty warriors but the game is better so its suits both fans of ROTK and new gamers more interested in Japanese history than chinese.

Saying the Sengoku Musou storyline is inferior to Sangoku Musou is like saying Chinese history is better than Japanese history. While I'm interested in both quite equally the interest of one to another could indeed be the determining factor here. Either that or the gameplay which the SGM his much better than the SSGM series IMO. I recommend both.

Just personal preference my friend. I find the chinese history more interesting than the japanese ones, my comment was to say that fans of the ROTK era would also enjoy it as the whole forum is predomently for fans of that era. I also agree that i would reccomend them both
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:04 pm

Wow, I just started playing SW1 and SW1XL....the voices for some of the characters are really awful compared to the voices in two....they all sound so generic...it's almost painful to play.

Edit: Kenshin's isn't bad it's almost like the one in SW2.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby great Lu Bu » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:34 pm

I think you can unlock Lu Bu :wink:

Hattori Hanzou wrote:Red hare?

is LU BU a playable character?
Yup :D

<ModEdit(SX):Please try to remember, there's an edit button, no need to double post within 5 mins!!>
Those Who Stand In My Way Shall Fall
great Lu Bu
Apprentice

Unread postby Darius » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:05 am

I'm fairly sure you can only get Lu Bu using Gameshark. Not certain, though.
Under construction.
Darius
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Right. No playing as Lu Bu in this game unless you use a hack, and it doesn't work very well anyway.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Re: Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou) Discussion Thread

Unread postby aizaia suzki » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:37 pm

I like japanese history more than chinese. :twisted:
aizaia suzki

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games