Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou) Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Koei’s Samurai Warriors?

Yes
84%
No
8%
Unsure…
3%
Never Played It…
5%

Total votes : 63

Unread postby Gabriel » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:14 pm

You're right on both parts :wink:. I only see little squares, and it was the first choice each time. I thought Koei would be more creative then that.
You don't need to go to church to be saved, and you don't need to go to rehab to get off drugs. You just need to make the right decisions.
Gabriel
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby JamesD » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:35 am

I reccomend it. Its like DW but with its own twists like castle levels and missions.
JamesD
Langzhong

Unread postby Shadowlink » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:40 pm

the music is great but i duint enjoy the game when there is too much what if movies and endings
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Mei Zhen » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:32 pm

To each his own, I guess! The possibility and choice points are actually one of my favorite parts of the game - because for once you can acually choose to carry out the missions (Or not and see what happens) rather than your contributions not mattering and moving on to the same path. For example, Kunoichi gets a stealth mission to rescue Yukimura. If she fails, you don't get a game over, you get a different path altogether. That I felt added some more replay value to the game (my favorite branch by the way has to be the Goemon "Do not use your cannon" one).
"In a modern culture
My friend you must be careful
They've a million ways to kill you

In this dangerous world
There’s an art to growing old
Taking chances
Magic happens"
- Garbage, Breaking Up the Girl
Mei Zhen
Lost in Quotation

Unread postby DarkScorpion26 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:47 pm

Yes that was a great thing for this game, they still can do this but we won't see a second ending or get to a different story. Though now there's the Gaiden stage the what if stage I guess.
Koei, You must put in Yasuke Kurusan for SW series. He can be the intimidator of the game, he would be the perfect Bg for Nobunaga.
DarkScorpion26
Academic

Unread postby Sean » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:57 am

I really, really need some help right now.

1) On Masamune's Odawara Infiltration level where you can get the Hachiman Bell...Does anyone have a failproof method of getting it? I always end up either advancing up the stairs, or I narrow the choices down to about three and going up the stairs anyhoo. I hate it when it always changes! >.<

2) I'm still trying to tackle the Abyss and get the two remaining Books that I need. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I show prepare? I plan on using Keiji as soon as I get his 5th weapon, and he has Mastery, Potence at Lv. 3, Drive Lv. 3, and Guts (the one where range attacks don't stop you).

3) For Nobunaga's 5th weapon, is there a time limit for knocking down Yoshimoto's officers? According to a guide on GameFAQs I'm supposed to lower the officer count to 2, and then Hanzo'll show up. Well, I've done that, but Hanzo never came.

4) *sigh* Why are Kunoichi and Yukimura so cheap at the hands of the AI?!
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SnowKing » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:50 am

For the hachiman bell, go to every stair case and walk up two stairs. The go do the next one. This will make it appear without collapsing and stairs. Then you can find the right one and go up.

SK
SnowKing
Tyro

Unread postby HuangGaiTheGreat » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:24 pm

Samurai Warriors was a pretty good game. Played it a few times at my friends house and I love how it has more of a dual fighting approach. I mainly don't care for the characters as much as Dynasty Warriors characters though.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." --Abraham Lincoln
"It is only by not trusting that you turn someone into a liar." --Tao Le Ching
HuangGaiTheGreat
Assistant

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:19 am

I just got SW2. :)

Favorite character (personality, costume and voice-wise) is Ishida Mitsunari thus far (I like that he values reason above all else; I also like that he's a jackass :D). The character who I think has the best moveset, thus far, is Tokugawa Ieyasu (so many freakin' combos...plus his specials are excellent). Maybe I'll max both of them out at some point. Currently Tokugawa Ieyasu is already level 40 on my game.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DarkScorpion26 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:49 am

So everyone is waiting on SW2 Empires or other skip that expansion and are awaiting the SW3 release. So far away :cry:
Koei, You must put in Yasuke Kurusan for SW series. He can be the intimidator of the game, he would be the perfect Bg for Nobunaga.
DarkScorpion26
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games