Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou) Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Koei’s Samurai Warriors?

Yes
84%
No
8%
Unsure…
3%
Never Played It…
5%

Total votes : 63

Re: Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou) Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Sean wrote:I think Gracia has by far the most ludicrous and hard to use moveset, but she's only in SW2: XL.

WO2 as well then... I'll give you my opinion on her when I get round to playing it.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon May 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Sean wrote:I think Gracia has by far the most ludicrous and hard to use moveset, but she's only in SW2: XL.

WO2 as well then... I'll give you my opinion on her when I get round to playing it.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 am

I just got into it again and can't wait for sw3 to be released in america. I think katsuyori takeda should have been added by now well I hope he is by sw4 and I want to learn more about this era now.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby S.Teague » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Is there a book on this era, like the Rof3K?
I've been playing Warriors Orochi, and some of the Samurai characters interest me.
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby Mestre Will » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

S.Teague wrote:Is there a book on this era, like the Rof3K?
I've been playing Warriors Orochi, and some of the Samurai characters interest me.

A book about Sengoku? Yes there are some. I recommend a book named Shogun.
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:12 am

ok I might check that out. Who are some of the better adds for samurai warriors? I don't know much about the NPC's yet so somebody would please tell me I would be very happy. I like the sw girls at least 10 times better than the dw girls and they interest me soo much that I like them in the series unlike my view on dw.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sanada » Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Love SW games, and SW2:Empires is one of the games i play the most on the 360, but im so upset, Koei seems that SW will never come back to the 360 :(
SW3 on the ps3 and nothing on 360 :(
Sanada
Tyro

Unread postby Korin » Sat May 04, 2013 1:29 am

Sanada wrote:Love SW games, and SW2:Empires is one of the games i play the most on the 360, but im so upset, Koei seems that SW will never come back to the 360 :(
SW3 on the ps3 and nothing on 360 :(

I just want retail release in the West for SW4 for first lol - I hope they do something like DW8 - since it's been too long since I have played a SW game that has not been a WO. i HEARD release is in 2014. Anyways, stick to it because SW2 Empires is best Empires game.
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Guess I'll go and revive this.

After listening to the music of SW4 on youtube and reading up some details on the game, I'm actually kind of enthusiastic for the game's release in the West.

As I understand it, SW4's focus is on bonds between certain characters. For that reason, it seems like you play 2 characters and switch between them in the game's stages. They've added a bunch of characters to fill out the factions in order to accommodate this gameplay change. For example, they added Koshosho who is some wife or concubine of Chosokabe Motochika. They added Shimazu Toyohisa for the Shimazu and Kenshin's eventual heir, Uesugi Kagekatsu, to the Uesugi. They also added Sanada Nobuyuki, Yukimura's brother who sided with Ieyasu and was married to Tadakatsu's daughter. Most of the new characters seem to be calculated additions who you play in tandem with somebody else. For example, in the early Takeda stages you can pair Sanada Nobuyuki with Sanada Yukimura or Sanada Yukimura with "Kunoichi." If you play as the Tachibana, you'll play the duo of Tachibana Ginchiyo and Tachibana Muneshige.

Cao Hong 14 got his wish with Katsuyori, sort of. Takeda Katsuyori and Uesugi Kagetora appear to be special NPCs in the game along with Saito Dosan and Sue Harukata. They're actually playable, albeit with somewhat generic weapons, in one of the game's modes. All of these are interesting choices and I wouldn't be surprised to see them become playable in an SW4 expansion.

I have to say that I'm impressed with how SW's roster is coming along. It started out so small but they've really filled out the factions. The Azai, Takeda and Uesugi, which before had barely any representation, are now pretty large. Along the way, Koei has even added some new factions like the Mouri and Houjo.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:51 am

So has anyone gotten number 4? I have been playing through it and I am really enjoying it. I have cleared most of the campaigns (most of them are rather short) and I am about to start the unification campaign under Toyotomi.
I really like the dual character system, though it took me far too long to realize you can send your AI partner off to accomplish separate goals. I also like how they show you the best route to your objective, some of the maps can get a bit confusing with the paths.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games