Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou) Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Koei’s Samurai Warriors?

Yes
84%
No
8%
Unsure…
3%
Never Played It…
5%

Total votes : 63

Re: Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou) Discussion Thread

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:20 pm

I really wanted to get the 4th one, especially cause I've missed sw3, but it's the same as with wo3u and dw8e for me. I don't own ps4 and I strictly follow 'no digitals' policy unless it's a small dlc and even then I'd rather wait for some sort of 'legendary' edition and buy a hard copy with all expansions and patches.
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 am

Man playing Samurai Warriors 4 has made me nostolgic for Kessen 1. I want to play as the Western Army and save the Toyotomi from the evil Tokugawa :lol:

Also I am not sure if they did something similar in SW3 as I never played it, but I dislike how certain characters interact in 4.

Spoilers ahead (probably not needed but why not)

The feud between Ishida and Fukushima/Kato is poorly done as they never really hate each other. It seems like they join Tokugawa's army while still thinking they can convince Ishida to cooperate. You would think after Tokugawa has Ishida killed they would freak out and leave him. They should have had them hating Ishida to make their fighting against him make more sense.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LegendOfGuanYu » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Xiahou Jia wrote:I really wanted to get the 4th one, especially cause I've missed sw3, but it's the same as with wo3u and dw8e for me. I don't own ps4 and I strictly follow 'no digitals' policy unless it's a small dlc and even then I'd rather wait for some sort of 'legendary' edition and buy a hard copy with all expansions and patches.

I'm the same way. Prefer having a hard copy but then I have to import from UK or Japan. Anybody know if there is a English sub titles for Japanese release?
LegendOfGuanYu
Tyro

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:28 pm

LegendOfGuanYu wrote:
Xiahou Jia wrote:I really wanted to get the 4th one, especially cause I've missed sw3, but it's the same as with wo3u and dw8e for me. I don't own ps4 and I strictly follow 'no digitals' policy unless it's a small dlc and even then I'd rather wait for some sort of 'legendary' edition and buy a hard copy with all expansions and patches.

I'm the same way. Prefer having a hard copy but then I have to import from UK or Japan. Anybody know if there is a English sub titles for Japanese release?

Yes it is called the western version :lol: Koei never hired an English voice cast so it is all subtitled :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Saru » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi folks,

Would people recommend Samurai Warriors 4 for the PS3? I'm not likely to buy a PS4 anytime soon, and I was wondering if the quality is drastically different between games. Is SW4 for PS3 just a cash-in or is still a good game for the last generation? I'm personally a fan of the hack & slash style of game and it doesn't really bother me that there isn't a wealth of difference between this and previous versions of the DW/SW/Orochi games, but if the graphics are ugly and the controls awkward I'm likely to take a pass.
"Do you smell something burning?" - Oda Nobunaga, Honnoji, 1582
Saru
Apprentice

Unread postby KyoJbox » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Saru wrote:Hi folks,

Would people recommend Samurai Warriors 4 for the PS3? I'm not likely to buy a PS4 anytime soon, and I was wondering if the quality is drastically different between games. Is SW4 for PS3 just a cash-in or is still a good game for the last generation? I'm personally a fan of the hack & slash style of game and it doesn't really bother me that there isn't a wealth of difference between this and previous versions of the DW/SW/Orochi games, but if the graphics are ugly and the controls awkward I'm likely to take a pass.

It's a really good version. Also, the PS3 version is the base version (PS4 ver. is a upgraded version). And the controls are great, I'm about 100 hours of SW 4 (isn't more because I bought Samurai Warriors 4-II)
KyoJbox
Tyro

Unread postby greencactaur » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:09 pm

When I first played Samurai warriors 4 back when it came out, I LOVED the game. I thought it was the 2nd best warrior game that I had ever played. DW4 is my favorite.
greencactaur
Academic

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games