Interest in 3 Kingdoms online card game

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Woud you be interested in trying a Three Kingdoms online card game?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:07 pm

I would be interested in such a game.
71%
I'm not really interested in such a game.
No votes
I'm not sure whether I'm interested.
29%

Total votes : 17

Unread postby Lord Sima Yi » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:33 am

I'd like to try it out sometime,
the card designs look great btw.
Lord Sima Yi
Tyro

Unread postby jaycurl » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:55 pm

I'm very encouraged by all of the positive feedback I've gotten so far. I hope to have a playtest-ready version available within the next two weeks. This version will not have all of the individual card art complete, but all of the templates will be complete. For example, there are different images for Unit cards and Equipment cards, but for now, most of the equipment cards will have the same image as eachother...

Otherwise, the game will be fully functional.

The playtest period will be be a time to find bugs in the software, as well as a time to work the kinks out of the game mechanics. I want this game to be fun and have a lot of replay value, so I'll want to change rules/cards if they make the game not fun.

Ther more people testing, the better I can make the game when it is generally released. I'll post more when playtesting can begin. For now, if you want to get a head start, go to http://www.ccg-workshop.com and download the "gEngine" software. I'll post another topic here soon asking specifically for playtesters and giving instructions on what else to do.
jaycurl
Tyro

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:14 pm

This game looks really well designed. I would buy it if it were sold in stores. The cards look really cool, but the officers need color. I just have a few questions. Say you are playing as Wei and you attack Shu is there any chance, say after beating Guan Yu you can capture the card or do you get a reward for winning battles? And if this game is popular enough will there be tournaments? Also if you want more to check out the game try the dynasty warrior and San Guo Yan Yi forums I'm sure many of them would like to play this brilliant game.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuge Jin » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:21 pm

Wow. it looks good. I would consider buying those if it came out.
Happiness does not last an eternity.
Zhuge Jin
Initiate

Unread postby jaycurl » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:24 am

Dian--thanks for the compliments. We were going to go with art from the Koei games (in color) but they haven't replied to my request for licensing the images. So, for now, we're going with a more ancient-chinese line-art style to start out. There's basically one guy doing the art, and we're doing it part-time, so we had to make a compromise, there...

After defeating an opposing officer, there will be an opportunity to capture the defending officer. Then, there will be some special (Action) cards that allow you to make the officer defect to your team. Also, there are particular Fate cards that may cause an opposing officer to defect to your side, or cause one of your officers to defect to an opponent.

As for rewards for winning... I guess it depends what you mean. You will be able to play a single game, which is one battle only. You will also be able to play a "Campaign Game" in which you vie for total conquest of China, or a majority conquest. In those circumstances, winning a battle will give you control of a particular province card, which may give you some bonuses.

I hope the game becomes popular enough for tournaments and such. I'll keep you posted on the progress!
jaycurl
Tyro

Unread postby Shadowlink » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:50 pm

i want to see the cards because i saw some online on google. but for right now i stuck on yugioh cards.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby The Mask » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:50 am

I like to play it but what it looks like? If it possible for me to know could you please send me a reply?
"Do not try to run away, O rebel! You have fallen into one of the Prime
Minister's traps and had better stay!"
- Jiang Wei to Sima Yi
The Mask
Initiate

Unread postby Bei Long » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:24 pm

Sounds great....do you have to pay to play?
"Trying is the first step towards failure"-Homer Simpson

CLICK HERE TO WIN A MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!
Bei Long
Changshi

?

Unread postby Douglas » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:49 pm

And what happened to the game?!?
Douglas
Scholar

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:01 pm

Yeah, I'm interested in this game. I'm surprise I missed this thread. I would love to try this game out!
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games