Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Dynasty Tactics II?

Yes
78%
No
6%
Unsure
2%
Never played it…
13%

Total votes : 143

Re: Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Unread postby James » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:47 pm

It can continue if it either resolves or contributes something to the community somehow.

> Solution 1
If the standoff is about neither party wishing to share information with the other party out of fear of the other not sharing, you could both send that information to me, or SunXia, and then it could be exchanged so neither of you needs to worry about revealing your details and having the other back out. As I said before I don't understand this so much--I love finding new things out about games and sharing them (see KMA)--but if you both want to keep secrets from each other, neither party will prove a point.

> Solution 2
You create a thread dedicated to this subject and offer some very meaningful and helpful information about it to the forum's readership. You can then discuss whatever missing element there is and keep it secret if you like, but to have a thread dedicated to the subject it should be helpful, not frustrating, to our members.

> Solution 3
If all parties are interested in continuing the discussion in a civil way, without leveling accusations which they are not willing to back, 'facts' which they are not willing to prove, you can perhaps move it to another thread for this discussion. This thread probably shouldn't be clogged up with a hundred posts which don't lead anywhere, though.

Unfortunately I don't see how one of us can act as a mediator and answer 'so-and-so is right' when none of us have played this game extensively enough to check and arbitrate the involved facts (at least as far as I know).

And on a side note, anyone who can't film a video of a combo can probably take a photograph of the combo records history if they're trying to prove something different from what has been demonstrated in a video.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Stryke » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Of all the games to argue over, christ.

Anyway, how does the game compare to Dynasty Tactics 1? My favourite part of that was actually the prebattle planning phase, so will I enjoy this as much as the first?
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 pm

I know it was a metaphor but stating that he was such, was believing him to truly be the best or one of the best, which was my point!! I was merely pointing out that because he is human, he can make errors as well, like us all!! I was under no impression that he was any sort of encyclopedia!!

And yes, forums are a place for debate and discussion but here we shy away from heated arguments that may create a sour atmosphere because we want everyone to feel welcome!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby krusan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 pm

To strike:
No longer 2 armys + 2 spyes, now 1 army with 10 officers.
You can´t select where your units would start in each battle.
Diferent castle battles.
Not so many branches in the storyline.
The tactics that the officers learn are not all determinated. You can buy any tactic to any officer.
Many more customization posibilities. Many more.
Chain combos are new to DT2. Chain combos are the ability for an officer to do more than one tactic, up to 6, in the same combo.
More tactics available.
And many other little changes.
I recommend you to play DT2..., in this way, you can argue with all us!! :lol:
Dynasty Tactics 2:16 hits, 999999 damage, 16 Gold 99,999 record co-holder. Second (known) in the world to ever do it.
DT2 16 golds vid and more at www.combonauts.wordpress.com
krusan
Master

Unread postby Famed Hero » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 pm

For what its worth, I have no problem with krusan whatsoever. Aside from our first PM conversation which I think got negative very quickly, we've had very lively discussions which have remained respectful and I appreciated what he has had to share with me. Wolfgard on the other hand, is a member I don't think I'll be getting along with anytime in the future because of the negativity he has directed my way and the fact that he seems to like to claim superiority over me and everyone else but just can't seem to back it up anything he claims (without krusan sticking up for him).

Frankly I just want to check my ideas and knowledge with others who have done just as much as I have, the constant stonewalling I've recieved in the process is the only thing I take issue with. I would simply like full, honest disclosure among all members of the knowledge they have pertaining to this game I love so much. I don't know what I need to prove without certain resources to be able to do so and if in fact I was able to I would be doubtful in any ability I may have to silence those who cast doubt upon me.

To lighten up the discussion a bit, I think I may know what the "secret ingredient" is. krusan I ask that you let me know in this thread if I'm correct, if you don't want to share this information in the open you can send it to me via PM. The secret ingrediant has to be one of the following...

A. Big Mac Special Sauce
B. Pre-1903 Coca Cola
C. Nordic Coffee
D. Plutonium
E. Yang Song's sandals
F. Buffalo Blood
G. Lu Ling Qi's purse
H. 1984 Ford Thunderbird
I. WalMart Shopping Cart
J. George W. Bush's dog Barney
K. Pamplona Bull (just for you buddy!)
Saint Joan of Arc, Pray for us!
Famed Hero
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:35 am

krusan wrote:I recommend you to play DT2..., in this way, you can argue with all us!! :lol:
I have played it and while I did enjoy it, I'm more of an "action" kinda girl with Strategy included!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby krusan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:39 am

Isn´t it getting more and more interesting?
If we all decide to go on with it, I would probably choose the option where a moderator is chosen as "impartial judge", if all "secret info" is kept secret. Famed Hero should say his opinion regarding this, I suppose.
Regarding the idea of showing a photo as proof, I think it could be a good idea, but it´s not me who has to show proof.
Of course Wolgard can make mistakes, as I can make them or anyone can. While I still have some respectfull doubts, this maybe only a big misunderstood... or not!
Anyway, if Famed answers me some questions I have done him by PM (something he is not obligated to do), all this can end quickly.
Dynasty Tactics 2:16 hits, 999999 damage, 16 Gold 99,999 record co-holder. Second (known) in the world to ever do it.
krusan
Master

Unread postby Famed Hero » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Well I give up as it seems like no answers I give amount to anything. krusan PMed me telling me the answers were in his video, I gave him my thoughts and his only reply was to "forget the video." His questions are based in abstraction and platitude, I honestly do not feel that I can answer anything he may pose along these lines. At this point I guess I should have never initaited this discussion because it has lead nowhere, I've tried to find answers and all I've recieved are questions from those who refuse to give answers. No answer I've given has been good enough or seemingly deserves a valid response, its as if I've hit a dead end by design.

Because I had started it I'd like to end it, I'd like to ask that this discussion ends in this thread with my post. If anyone has any questions in relation to this discussion in the future feel free to contact me via PM and we can discuss further.
Saint Joan of Arc, Pray for us!
Famed Hero
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby krusan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Ok, then. Let it end "unended" like this if that´s what you want.
...anyway, I suppose I have the right to answer: Of course the answers are in the vid, as it shows a 16 golds with all needed to be done. Telling you to "forget about the video" was just a way to say "don´t think more about the vid as it seems you don´t see my point or don´t want to see it, let´s try to look it from another perspective". My english seems to not be good enough.
Clarified that little point. Nothing more to say if nothing more is said.
krusan
Master

Unread postby Wolfgard Hannusen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:58 pm

Krusan,best not to tell anyone what anyone that has done 16 Gold would know.It is the only way those of us that have done it will know if someone is lying.This guy will never tell the truth that's how people like him are.
World Records.
Dynasty Tactics 2:Best Possible Score 16 Gold 99,999s Vs 10.
Nobunaga's Ambition:Rise to Power 2 Turns/Seasons.
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 10,26 Minutes.
Etc.

String Theory could provide an explanation for E.S.P.
Wolfgard Hannusen
Retired Account

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games