Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Dynasty Tactics II?

Yes
78%
No
6%
Unsure
2%
Never played it…
13%

Total votes : 142

Re: Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:10 am

Cao Hong 14 wrote:ok so zhang liao is main in lu bu's but later switches to cao cao's forces?

I said a main character. Along with Lu Bu, Cheng Gong and the daughter.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:46 pm

It always kind of annoyed me that Gao Shun wasn't in Lu Bu's story outside one brief scene in the epilogue. Zhang Liao always replaces him in the games. :(

Question; I've heard that Cao Cao can recruit Lu Bu in his epilogue sometimes; I was wondering if there's anywhere Liu Bei, Cao Cao or the Sun's can get Lu Lingqi, or will she only work for her dad?
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:56 pm

I believe completing Epilogues can cause characters to sometimes pop up in recruitable fashion in cases where they normally wouldn't. Whatever the case, I believe Sun Ce can pick up Lu Bu/Lu Ling Qi in one of his paths.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby krusan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:12 pm

I´m not absolutelly sure about it, but Lu Bu may be recruitable in Cao´s epilogue only after you have beat that storiline. It´s for sure recruitable, but I don´t know if it is in the first playtrhough in that scenario.
Sun Ce can recruit Lu Bu and daughter in one of his paths.
Dynasty Tactics 2:16 hits, 999999 damage, 16 Gold 99,999 record co-holder. Second (known) in the world to ever do it.
DT2 16 golds vid and more at www.combonauts.wordpress.com
krusan
Master

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Thank you all for your replies.

krusan wrote:I´m not absolutelly sure about it, but Lu Bu may be recruitable in Cao´s epilogue only after you have beat that storiline. It´s for sure recruitable, but I don´t know if it is in the first playtrhough in that scenario.
Sun Ce can recruit Lu Bu and daughter in one of his paths.

I completed Cao Cao's epilogue at one point without Lu Bu, but that was before I beat Lu Bu's epilogue (I think I heard someone suggest once that that makes him appear but I'm not sure). I was planning to play again sometime, so I'll check and see if he's sitting around to be hired now.

Interesting that Sun Ce can get them both (especially considering Lu Bu's epilogue...). I haven't played the path where he isn't assassinated, so I'm guessing it's that one.

Edit: I started Cao Cao's epilogue, and no Lu Bu. According to the guide on Koei's site, he seems to appear in chapter one. I restarted a few times but no sight of him. It seems there's either something else to make him appear, or it's random and fairly rare.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:29 am

haven't played the game much on lu bu's story yet but that bother's me too that gao shun isn't invlolved in the story much. He was considered an equal in lu bu's army to zhang liao but yes he is always replaced. I vow that if I ever get to work for KOEI I will make sure gao shun gets some recognition somehow! :wink:
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby bataefrenreyes » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Anyone have the save state or memory card file of this game ? I need the file which had unlocked already epilogues and start game without tutorial. Could you please share me your file ?
I use PS2 emulator PCSX2 .
Waiting for your help, thanks !
bataefrenreyes
Tyro

Unread postby bataefrenreyes » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:22 am

bataefrenreyes wrote:Anyone have the save state or memory card file of this game ? I need the file which had unlocked already epilogues and start game without tutorial. Could you please share me your file ?
I use PS2 emulator PCSX2 .
Waiting for your help, thanks !

help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
bataefrenreyes
Tyro

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:11 pm

I would help but idk what to do in that situation, sry. but who are the main characters in shu and wu storylines?
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby krusan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:31 am

To bataefrenreyes: If there is a place where you can find what you are looking for, it only can be at gamefaqs. If not there, then I don´t know.
To Cao Hong 14: Main chars in Shu are mainly Liu Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun and Zhuge Liang. Depending on path Huang Zhong, Wei Yan, Ma Chao, Pang Tong and Sun Shang Xiang.
For Shu: Sun Ce, Sun Quan, Zhou Yu, Sun Shang Xiang, Gan Ning, Lu Xun and Huang Gai are the ones I can think now.
Dynasty Tactics 2:16 hits, 999999 damage, 16 Gold 99,999 record co-holder. Second (known) in the world to ever do it.
DT2 16 golds vid and more at www.combonauts.wordpress.com
krusan
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games