Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Dynasty Tactics II?

Yes
78%
No
6%
Unsure
2%
Never played it…
13%

Total votes : 142

Re: Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Equinox » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:22 pm

devtherev wrote:Can you really blame the man? :lol: If your higher up betrays you first I don't think it counts.

Haha, nope, not at all. An amusing fact for you - if you've got a Loyalty unit as the General of the army, simply getting hit will give him an attack boost for the rest of the fight. One that is not dependent on Tactics used (like Bravery), or morale (like Might). I often take advantage of this when playing as Cai Mao. I often use him with other Loyalty officers too, to multiply the team buff from a single attack. Cai Mao gets hit, his lackeys all get a boost for the rest of the battle.
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elitemsh » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Does anyone know which officers you can't capture in this game? I know some of the obvious ones like Guan Yu and Zhang Fei but if i'm playing as Lu Bu then can i capture Zhao Yun, for example? I know from a years back that i was definitely able to get Zhang He. I want to replace the likes of Wei Xun, Zang Ba etc with some better generals.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby krusan » Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 am

Ok, extremelly late answer, but here I go:
You usually can capture all officers except leaders and anyone that does appear in a "fixed" dialogue or cutscene in the path you´re playing. Some "important" officers may have to be captured many times till they join your army.
Dynasty Tactics 2:16 hits, 999999 damage, 16 Gold 99,999 record co-holder. Second (known) in the world to ever do it.
DT2 16 golds vid and more at www.combonauts.wordpress.com
krusan
Master

Unread postby Famed Hero » Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Krusan, what's up buddy?

I wanted to note (and I believe I've stated this before, oh well) but certain officers have a set number of times they can be captured before they join you. For example in any storyline in which Sima Yi does not have a fixed part, if you capture him twice he'll join your side. There may be certain variables such as if you have a "friend" or a certain number of "friends" of his, but as best as I can remember it only takes two captures to get him on your side.

I reference Sima Yi specifically because he is one of the two best strategists in the game IMHO (with Zhou Yu) and he can easily be had early on in many different campaigns. In Wu's longest campaign he can be had in the first scenario versus Wei when he's at Level 3 IIRC, there's a lot of stat boosting you can do when a character is at such a low level!

If you've figured out how to properly level characters up with optimum stat boosting, you can create a darn near invincible army long before the end of each scenario. Here's a tip for one specific character, if you have the item "Feather Fan" you'll get a stat boost of +3 INT per level up and if you have Lu Bu you should leave this on him until Level 15 (or 16 if he's your army's primary leader). Once he's maxed out throw on the item that gives you +20 LEA and the defence lowering affects of Avatar are lessened to the greatest point possible. For Lu Bu you do not need to stat boost him one bit for WAR or LEA, ONLY focus on INT. Maxed out he will always end up with a minimum of 80 LEA so he'll be able to have a 10 unit army and the only additional defense boost he can have is with the +20 LEA item.

More tips to come!
Saint Joan of Arc, Pray for us!
Famed Hero
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby bataefrenreyes » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:10 am

Does everybody have MemoryCard-save-file that unlock all episodes or unlock all Tutorial :( ???
I really need a MemoryCard-save-file that can skip Tutorial (skip the first part of each Side) :(
bataefrenreyes
Tyro

Unread postby krusan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 am

I don´t know if I understood your questions correctly...
Only Liu Bei´s side has a tutorial. All other sides have longer/shorter paths and epilogues.
To obtain memory card data with all paths unlocked, I can´t help you. Maybe in gamefaqs you may find what you´re looking for.
Dynasty Tactics 2:16 hits, 999999 damage, 16 Gold 99,999 record co-holder. Second (known) in the world to ever do it.
DT2 16 golds vid and more at www.combonauts.wordpress.com
krusan
Master

Unread postby Korin » Sat May 04, 2013 1:30 am

I would love if DT and DT2 get a ps2 classic release !
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stryke » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:24 am

This might be a stupid question, but does the type of unit used effect stat growth upon level up like it did in DT1? I'm only asking this because playing as Wei, I noticed Gao Shun, who is the leader of my second army, actually has higher leadership than war, as well as what seems to be one of the highest leadership stats of all 'warriors'.
Stryke
Scholar

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Stryke wrote:This might be a stupid question, but does the type of unit used effect stat growth upon level up like it did in DT1? I'm only asking this because playing as Wei, I noticed Gao Shun, who is the leader of my second army, actually has higher leadership than war, as well as what seems to be one of the highest leadership stats of all 'warriors'.

Not sure about the growths being affected by units, but Gao Shun's always had great Leadership in my game, so that just might be how his stats work.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby AxeLordGerardo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:50 am

Could any moderator convert this topic from "Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread" to "Dynasty Tactics Series: Discussion Thread"? I think that this should include both titles. Thanks.
Cao Cao - Liu Bei - Sun Jian - Yuan Shao
AxeLordGerardo
Student

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games