Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Dynasty Tactics II?

Yes
78%
No
6%
Unsure
2%
Never played it…
13%

Total votes : 142

Re: Dynasty Tactics 2: Discussion Thread

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:06 pm

k and what about taishi ci? it seems so far that he is treated well in terms of importance. Are there any characters that aren't playable in the dw series that are given importance here, I like it when characters that usually get no recognition are suddenly valued or at least have a bit of time on spotlight.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby bataefrenreyes » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:02 am

@krusan: Hix, I just need the Memory Card save file T.T. Could you please share your file ? (Uploading it and send me the link, etc.)... The beginning which completed the tutorial paths already, that's all I need T___T
@CaoHong14: Simply, you upload your save games (which is stored in your memory card for PS2) and share it to me ^.^

Move the file from your PS2 Memory Card to your USB Drive by using them (plug) in the PS2 Machine.
bataefrenreyes
Tyro

Unread postby krusan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:40 am

Cao Hong 14: Yes, I forgot about Taishi Ci and maybe others.
About characters not so important in DW..., well Chen Pu has really good stats (IMO), Guo Jia is quite important in DT games..., Lu Su for Wu is too more important in DT..., but the MAIN characters are almost the same.
You can make any officer as important as you want in DT, anyway.

bataefrenreyes: I don´t know how to do that process, and I don´t even know if I have the right equipment. Anyway, I don´t even know if I would share my DT2 data with anyone, cos there are LOTS of effort there and MANY things that few have done. To really like, apreciate and learn DT2 it´s better to play it.
While DT2 playthroughs are long, unlocking epilogues should not take too long if you play on easy and aiming to finish chapters and battles ASAP, and there´s never enough playing DT2!!!
Dynasty Tactics 2:16 hits, 999999 damage, 16 Gold 99,999 record co-holder. Second (known) in the world to ever do it.
DT2 16 golds vid and more at www.combonauts.wordpress.com
krusan
Master

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:35 pm

thanks for letting me know. :D
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby XuanZhongda » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:31 am

Such a great game. Too bad it seems KOEI will never make a sequel.
XuanZhongda
Initiate

Unread postby Equinox » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:18 pm

I've started playing this again after a lengthy break, and am attempting to get those elusive Liu Bei and Cao Cao ratings. I tend to over-combo often, and need to watch my damage, but I must say that I've missed playing DT1 and 2.

I had a question about the Bonding Urn item - does the enemy officer have to be a friend of the person who has it equipped? Or does it work as long as the enemy you capture is a friend of anyone in your army?
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby krusan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:21 pm

I´m not absolutelly sure abuot it, but I think friendliness doesn´t matter. Doing big combos, capturing an enemy shouldn´t be a problem. The hard part can be recruiting them.
Dynasty Tactics 2:16 hits, 999999 damage, 16 Gold 99,999 record co-holder. Second (known) in the world to ever do it.
DT2 16 golds vid and more at www.combonauts.wordpress.com
krusan
Master

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 pm

anyone think that some of the charactor's skill or stats don't entirly match them?

like Mi Feng and Cai Mao have fitting stats but both have the Loyality skill, same with Meng Da as well XD
Ding Feng/Sun Shang Xiang is my new one true crack pairing XD (thank you ROT3KXI)
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Unread postby Equinox » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:13 pm

The Loyalty skill intrigues me, because it must be a mistranslation. Maybe it means "Loyalty to whoever is the boss at the time". In fact, everyone who has the skill naturally was a traitor at some point!

Cai Mao - Plotted to take over after Liu Biao's death, and served Cao Cao.
Cao Bao - Turned against Liu Bei after being beat up by Zhang Fei.
Han Song - Servant of Liu Biao,urged Liu Cong to surrender to Cao Cao.
Hou Cheng - Betrayed Lu Bu.
Liu Feng - Stranded Guan Yu and did not send reinforcements to Jing.
Meng Da - Surrendered to Wei, then attempted to rejoin Shu.
Mi Fang - Betrayed Guan Yu and joined Wu.
Yang Qiu - Surrendered to Cao Cao after the defeat of Ma Chao's riders.
Yang Song - Sold out Zhang Lu, famously corrupt.
Yuan Shang - Turned against his brothers and fought amongst them while Cao Cao sought control of their father's lands.
Zhang Ying - Was killed by Sun Ce's men after boasting he could beat them. I guess his badness was kind of a betrayal too :).
Zhang Yun - Was part of Cai Mao's cabal to usurp Liu Cong.
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby devtherev » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Equinox wrote:Cao Bao - Turned against Liu Bei after being beat up by Zhang Fei.

Can you really blame the man? :lol: If your higher up betrays you first I don't think it counts. (I count beating up your subordinate as a betrayal.)
devtherev
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games