Are you serious game?! (Three Kingdoms Overlord)

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Are you serious game?! (Three Kingdoms Overlord)

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Zu Mao is greater than Zhu Yi, Lu Ju and He Qi according to this game...? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
Check out this list of historical resources I have.
Check out this list of cited biographies I have written.
DaoLunOfShiji
Sage

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:59 pm

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:Zu Mao is greater than Zhu Yi, Lu Ju and He Qi according to this game...? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

:lol: Wu is my favorite kingdom, but some of these are really off. At least the art is pretty good like I said earlier, so there's that, even though not much else makes sense :mrgreen:
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Xiahou Ren » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:23 am

Valor affect physical damage
Aura affects physical defense
Int affects super move damage and defense
Might affects no. of troops

How does that makes any sense?
It doesn't.

There's also a couple of other variables like talents (up to 5), super move type, super move bar, team bonuses, etc. Some has mismatched super move (physical fighter using int-based super move), some has crap stats but good talents, some are strong but has very long super bar to fill, some weaker heroes makes good team with each other, and so on and so forth. But the general rule is Gold >>> Purple >>> Blue >>> Green.

And I once checked chat where someone said he spent 1.6k trying to get the hero he want. I call it like I see it, he may have a gambling problem, because you don't pay to get hero in this game. You pay for a ticket which may or may not give you a hero. And you can't get your ticket back for duplicates.

Then, as I thought, everybody defend him, saying it's not gambling, it's investment, they make a lot of money, the game is essentially free (which has nothing to do with my argument), I am a female prostitute, their mother pay for rent anyway.

Fine, they didn't say the last one, it's just me. Anyway... I just laughed, because these kind of people made me weep.
Wish I screensaved it :(
My point is, you can play modern console with what... $600? $700?
It's not even about spending a money on a game, we all do. It's about spending it smart.

I mean... you do you, but don't tell me you don't have a problem when you spent $1.6k ON A SINGLE HERO.
Who know how much he spent total.
It's my uncle all over again, "I'm not a smoker, I can quit anytime I want. Get off my back, jeez!"

That's how I see things.
Feel free to disagree, though.
Last edited by Xiahou Ren on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Xiahou Ren
Assistant

Unread postby Valvatorez » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:43 am

Xiahou Ren wrote:Valor affect physical damage
Aura affects physical defense
Int affects super move damage and defense
Might affects no. of troops

How does that makes any sense?
It doesn't.

There's also a couple of other variables like talents (up to 5), super move type, super move bar, team bonuses, etc. Some has mismatched super move (physical fighter using int-based super move), some has crap stats but good talents, some are strong but has very long super bar to fill, some makes good team with each other, and so on and so forth. But the general rule is Gold >>> Purple >>> Blue >>> Green.

And I once checked chat where someone said he spent 1.6k trying to get the hero he want. I call it like I see it, he may have a gambling problem, because you don't pay to get hero in this game. You pay for a ticket which may or may not give you a hero. And you can't get your ticket back for duplicates.

Then, as I thought, everybody defend him, saying it's not gambling, it's investment, they make a lot of money, I am a female prostitute, etc. I just laughed, because these kind of people made me weep. You can play modern console with what... $600? $700?

Wish I screensaved it :(

I mean... you do you, but don't tell me you don't have a problem when you spent $1.6k ON A SINGLE HERO.
Who know how much he spent total.
It's my uncle all over again, "I'm not a smoker, I can quit anytime I want. Get off my back, jeez!"

That's how I see things.
Feel free to disagree, though.

This...is kinda weird :mrgreen: So not only are the stats weird, what they actually do is as well. Is the actual gameplay enjoyable at all?

Also about what you said about money, I agree with you. I struggle sometimes debating whether to spend $5 on a game's extra content, and really would rule it out if its something that's random where you don't know what you may get. Here in the US at least this kinda stuff is becoming more and more used by developers to put in their games, especially sports titles like Madden Ultimate Team, or lootboxes in some online type games, and I never understood why people would pay money to get something that is completely random and you can end up getting something you can't even use, and also something that has no value outside the game, since its not like collecting cards or something in real life that you can actually hold or possess. But I guess its their money and they can do what they want with it, but I wish I had money to throw out the window like that. :roll:
Anyways, I'm sure there's plenty of people that would disagree with what I said too, but like I said its up to them what they want to do or not, if this actual game is designed like this though (by having to buy random officers) then its definitely not something I would want to play.
Valvatorez
Scholar

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:44 am

Valvatorez wrote:if this actual game is designed like this though (by having to buy random officers) then its definitely not something I would want to play.

This has been around for quite some time (spending real money to gamble for something in a game). From what I've read it's only becoming more common.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Ren » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:55 pm

So yeah, turned out I wasn't totally fair about the game's micro-transaction.
You can have a 100% chance of getting a usable hero, non-garbage purple hero every 5 purchases

Like this:
1st purchase 100% purple
2nd purchase random
3rd purchase random
4th purchase random
5th purchase random
and it repeats
1st purchase 100% purple
2nd purchase random
3rd purchase random
4th purchase random
5th purchase random
and so on...

This is my recruitment page

I didn't spend anything, the game actually gives you 1 free purchases ever 24 hour. Yay!
Except the hero you get is still totally random.
And you still can get duplicates, even on the 100% chance purchases.
And you still get a random purple which completely incompatible with the rest of your team.
And each purchases costs 5 bucks.

Honestly, the game isn't that bad if you actually had all the stuff you need.
Rating officers, figuring out team combos, distributing attack teams and defense force, changing equips, managing troops & cities, etc. It's just like playing chess. Except the game nothing but useless pawn, unless you pay or wait 5 days.

Is it good? Is it bad, you be the judge.
That concludes the game.
I played enough, knew how it works, and I have uninstalled it.
Thanks for watching.
Xiahou Ren
Assistant

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Gray Riders wrote:This has been around for quite some time (spending real money to gamble for something in a game). From what I've read it's only becoming more common.

I believe some authorities have labelled it gambling and other governments are worried about it after some high profile examples from biggest game companies during the summer. There is some debate as to when it is acceptable and when it isn't (for me, it is gambling so should come under those laws) and I suspect we will see some clampdown in next few years
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games