New Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

New Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:26 pm

If LoCC wasn't enough Koei-tecmo are putting out a new ROTK game for mobile out to the west (hoping RTK14 will still happen)

Pre-registration is open.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Re: New Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 pm

I was so excited until I read "mobile"... :(
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:09 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:I was so excited until I read "mobile"... :(

LOCC Online proved that mobile has potential, in my opinion. They took the LOCC battle system and made a basic little conquer the map game out of it. It's got domestics and officer building. The only big downside is that you basically have to follow a more or less predetermined path of domination. But I figure with a few tweaks, we could get a functional game on mobile if Koei really wanted to do it.

That said, based on that ad, I'm not feeling this. LOCC is PvP at its core, but you can get a few months of entertainment out of it before that realization dawns on you. But this Koei spin on things, I saw the quote about commanding 100+ generals and was like, oh crap. I have a feeling it will be heavy on the PvP aspect, which tends to not be fun at all.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:54 am

Looks like it's not being developed or even published by Koei-Tecmo though, just "Approved" by them. I don't have high hopes for this. Seems like that trash game Clash of Clans, but with a Three Kingdoms skin.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby LordSimaYi » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:20 pm

I've already played the Korean version of the new game. It really isn't anything special. It's just like any other online pay-to-win mobile game where, after a week of playing, someone who has put more money in to the game will attack you and you will lose all of your things and be very sad. It does use the RTK 11 graphics and music which is nice but the game plays just like all of the other trashy mobile games.

Real shame, I think Koei could have done something really good here. It reminds me of when, a few years ago, Koei did a mobile port of Dynasty Tactics in Japanese which had character customisation and you could also use portraits from Dynasty Warriors 8 for some of the main characters.
Last edited by LordSimaYi on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordSimaYi
Student

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:58 pm

So yet another Travia clone :lol:

I got stuck in one of these for ages, I think it was called Chaos of Three Kingdoms or something. Wasn't pretty!
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games