The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri May 11, 2018 12:18 am

Sun Fin wrote:Sorry mate, I think there's less chance of that then Chen Tai getting added to DW10. :lol:

Actually I only see I think 164 characters on that site, so there are 6 missing. Did they mean 5 new characters and Zeus, or 5 new characters including Zeus? If it is 'including' then there is indeed one extra spot, perhaps they are getting ready to reveal Chen Tai in preparation for his major role in DW10 where he replaces Zhao Yun as the face of the franchise? Ok yeah there's no way :lol:

Maybe that spot is for Diamondback? I mean he's not on the main site, but clearly hiding away in Kiyomori's beads in the upper right corner :?
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Fri May 11, 2018 4:11 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:William! Thank you Jia Nanfeng, I had completely forgotten his name so I was about to call him "Nioh man" and wonder why they left him out. Nioh has been their biggest game in a while and you'd think they would continue to capitalize on that by including him in this crossover franchise. This company confuses me sometimes.

I love Nioh and the main characters from the game and it's very disappointing not to have them represented but I understand the reasons (if my guess is correct). The game would require remodeling of many samurai characters and may be also because of William's interactions with them. The whole Date clan in Nioh is just plain badass and it's very hard imagining William interacting with SW childish Masamune. Or imagine Hattori Hanzo Jr. who's got Liu Shan's treatment in Nioh and is pretty much the main npc. What will KOEI do in his case? Will they allow him to outshine his own father with his brilliant Nioh character. Or will they decide to make him an incompetent fool as he was in actual history?
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Fri May 11, 2018 4:18 am

Valvatorez wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:Sorry mate, I think there's less chance of that then Chen Tai getting added to DW10. :lol:

Actually I only see I think 164 characters on that site, so there are 6 missing. Did they mean 5 new characters and Zeus, or 5 new characters including Zeus? If it is 'including' then there is indeed one extra spot, perhaps they are getting ready to reveal Chen Tai in preparation for his major role in DW10 where he replaces Zhao Yun as the face of the franchise? Ok yeah there's no way :lol:

Maybe that spot is for Diamondback? I mean he's not on the main site, but clearly hiding away in Kiyomori's beads in the upper right corner :?

I reckon you're right that the six missing are indeed Zeus & Co., or Zeus & Co. & Diamondback.

I don't understand the fascination people have with Diamonback though. :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Student

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri May 11, 2018 4:49 am

Jia Nanfeng wrote:I reckon you're right that the six missing are indeed Zeus & Co., or Zeus & Co. & Diamondback.

I don't understand the fascination people have with Diamonback though. :lol:

Yeah I don't get it either, why Diamondback? I'd rather have Boomslang or one of the other generic officers with the same model that sound a bit better to say :lol:
No seriously though, that's kind of a let down to have that be the only really new character shown in that screen with the other, Diamondback? Really? You can barely even see him hiding out near Kiyomori :mrgreen:

I love Mythology though, who else do you think they could add to go along with Zeus? Aphrodite, Athena, Poseidon? I'm wondering who they go decide to pick.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Fri May 11, 2018 5:07 am

There are some rumours about Poseidon.
Also, the combat mechanics are back to good old square, triangle combos. At least that's what I've read on one of community boards.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Fri May 11, 2018 5:35 am

Valvatorez wrote:

It's been 21 years and there is still no Chen Tai... life, she is a cruel mistress. :(
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Assistant

Unread postby Valvatorez » Fri May 11, 2018 6:42 am

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:It's been 21 years and there is still no Chen Tai... life, she is a cruel mistress. :(

Has it really been that long? Damn..
Not sure if you play any of the Rotk games, but at least he is in there, maybe someday they will actually put him in DW too..
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 am

He's typically one of my go-to folks when I play ROTKX or XIII.
Think of how perfect an introduction into the series would be if he showed up and cut Zeus in half! Every one would want even more Chen Tai, then he'd get his own Godseekers, except it'd be good and actually sell more than 5 copies. KOEI really needs to hire me already. ;)
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Assistant

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Fri May 11, 2018 11:30 am

Ok, very important news, in my opinion of course. The story of WO4 is being supervised by mr. Yoshitaka Murayama (according to destructiod) :D Yes, THE very creator of Suikoden series. I'm buying the game on day one :D
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:26 am

Leaked gameplay featuring Zues, Lu Xun and Ii Naotora.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFfe_AxaX2g
DaoLunOfShiji
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games