The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu May 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Jia Nanfeng wrote:Thanks for the much better picture, Valvatorez!

I’m gonna be looking at this for an hour...

No problem, I looked at it quite a while too to see everyone in there :mrgreen:

DaoLunOfShiji wrote:Apparently not every character will be played in story mode, which is a big downer.

Hmm this sounds a bit disappointing :/

Sun Fin wrote:That would make sense! I was wondering if the likes of Achilles would be the main protagonist?

Actually I don't think Achilles will even be in the game, they said 'no guest characters this time around' If Achilles was from another game originally, (Troy?) then he would be out, along with Joan, Momiji, Rachel, Ayane, Hayubasa, Sophitia, Nemea, and a few others. Zeus is the main enemy which they haven't shown yet, only a silhouette, and I think 4 other new Greek characters as well. I'm actually wondering if they are gonna release tons of add on 'guest' characters later on as paid DLC...
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 10, 2018 5:12 pm

I presumed that all characters from a Warriors game (so not just Dynasty and Samurai but also Warriors: Legends of Troy) were considered core characters and it was people from series' like Dead or Alive who were guests! I'm happy to just see it pulled back to focus on the Asian characters though!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 pm

It looks like Koei has posted portraits of the entire roster here: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi3/story_character.html#all

I'm not seeing any major omissions yet, from quick glance, outside of the aforementioned DW9/SoS newcomers.

If it's true that there won't be guests this time around, that bums me out. I enjoyed playing with the new DOA characters in Warriors All-Stars like Marie Rose and was hoping she'd come back. And what about William from Nioh?! He's been quite popular both with gamers and Koei themselves as of late.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Student

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Thu May 10, 2018 5:25 pm

William! Thank you Jia Nanfeng, I had completely forgotten his name so I was about to call him "Nioh man" and wonder why they left him out. Nioh has been their biggest game in a while and you'd think they would continue to capitalize on that by including him in this crossover franchise. This company confuses me sometimes.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Assistant

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu May 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Jia Nanfeng wrote:It looks like Koei has posted portraits of the entire roster here: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi3/story_character.html#all

I'm not seeing any major omissions yet, from quick glance, outside of the aforementioned DW9/SoS newcomers.

If it's true that there won't be guests this time around, that bums me out. I enjoyed playing with the new DOA characters in Warriors All-Stars like Marie Rose and was hoping she'd come back. And what about William from Nioh?! He's been quite popular both with gamers and Koei themselves as of late.

Thanks for this, I have a much easier time looking at that page than the picture with everyone in it :mrgreen:
I didn't have the Ultimate version of 3, so am looking forward to playing as some of the characters that will be new to me like Kyubi, but yeah some guest characters would be nice, but then again if there's 170 characters as it is, they probably are gonna leave out many of them from actual story scenes. Like I said, I didn't play DW9, but hopefully they can add stuff like the cutscenes or short little scenes from 9 with characters that aren't used as much to be able to see a bit more from them.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm

I just want lots of Sun Ce. WO1 is still my favourite game because Sun Ce was the main character in so many stages! :lol:
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Thu May 10, 2018 7:06 pm

I'd kill for Zhong Hui to actually get a showing in these games that's more than two jokes stages.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Assistant

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Sorry mate, I think there's less chance of that then Chen Tai getting added to DW10. :lol:
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Thu May 10, 2018 7:39 pm

"O heaven, since thou DaolunofShiji, why did thou also create Sun Fin?" :(

You'll see, one day I'll get a Chen Tai based game that has a lot of Zhong Hui, then we'll see whose lau- Ah who am I kidding.
DaoLunOfShiji
Assistant

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Sorry I couldn't resist, I hope we do someday for your sake!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games