The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed May 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Ok, I think I've spotted someone completely new. Try to follow the outer characters clockwise starting with Cao Pi in sw corner. So there's Cao Pi, then Kojuro Katakura and Gracia, then Masamune, and then...someone i've never seen before. The weapon kinda resembles Yue Ying's from DW5. The next one after is Huang Gai.
I was hoping Masamune would get his Nioh model, btw :(
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed May 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Xiahou Jia wrote:Ok, I think I've spotted someone completely new. Try to follow the outer characters clockwise starting with Cao Pi in sw corner. So there's Cao Pi, then Kojuro Katakura and Gracia, then Masamune, and then...someone i've never seen before. The weapon kinda resembles Yue Ying's from DW5. The next one after is Huang Gai.
I was hoping Masamune would get his Nioh model, btw :(

I found a bigger picture here:

http://wx4.sinaimg.cn/large/69037119gy1 ... 1kwnpd.jpg

Hmm, I'm not sure who you mean, but going up from Cao Pi in pairs, I see Gracia/Wang Yi, Kojuro/Musashi Miyamoto, Masamune/Ieyasu, Motochika Choskabe/Hanzo Hattori, is one of those who you meant?
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu May 10, 2018 7:49 am

Thanks for a bigger picture. I didn't recognize Motochika at first, because the tip of Ieyasu's spear merged into his own musical instrument in my eyes. My bad :oops:
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Thu May 10, 2018 8:00 am

:lol: You're welcome, that pic helped me out too, from the smaller pics I was seeing on all other sites/google, I was most confused by whatever was standing near Lu Su a few characters right of Motochika, turns out it was just Shimazu's giant hammer and not a character at all :mrgreen:
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 10, 2018 3:16 pm

I think I read somewhere that Orochi's not going to be the villain in this one. Anyone know if this is the case?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Thu May 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for the much better picture, Valvatorez!

I’m gonna be looking at this for an hour...
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Assistant

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Thu May 10, 2018 3:43 pm

That's right Sun Fin, the villain this time around is going to be Zues.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Interesting! Whilst I think it'll be good to freshen the series up, that does make me worry that the emphasis will be no the Greek characters rather than the Chinese ones that I play the game for! What do you guys think?
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 pm

I think the Greek characters are primarily going to be villains, at least thats the idea that I get from Zues being the villain. The whole Pantheon would replace the Orochi crew. Apparently not every character will be played in story mode, which is a big downer.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 10, 2018 4:27 pm

That would make sense! I was wondering if the likes of Achilles would be the main protagonist?
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games