The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:46 am

Xiahou Jia wrote:Overall slightly above average. Much worse than WO3U.

:( Although, part of me wonders if that is still a harsh comparison? WO3U was the final version of the game, with all the DLC content, nearly doubling the length of the story. We might yet get a WO4U! Perhaps comparing it to the original WO3 version would be better?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Re: The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:42 am

Sun Fin wrote:
Xiahou Jia wrote:Overall slightly above average. Much worse than WO3U.

:( Although, part of me wonders if that is still a harsh comparison? WO3U was the final version of the game, with all the DLC content, nearly doubling the length of the story. We might yet get a WO4U! Perhaps comparing it to the original WO3 version would be better?

You are right. It would be more fair to compare it to the original WO3 of course. Still worse.
That said I actually like the game. Not as much as WO3 or WO3U, but I still like it.Really enjoying the rampage mode dlc nowdays, trying to score a decent amount with my favourite Wei team.
Downloaded more sacred treasures as well. Nice to have far more efficient magic moves for Mengde now.
Gonna get some new stages as well this weekend. I think Xiahou Dun gets more attention, so obviously I'm buying :)

Edit: most of the side stories do unlock the characters. Musashi and Kojiro are the very first optional characters for example.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games