The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Jia Nanfeng wrote:I feel intimidated making a new official discussion thread for a new game (I don’t want to do it wrong) ... but WO4 has been announced! And it’s coming out in Japan before the end of the year!

Someone else make a new thread for it?! :P

Your wish is my command!

This linkcontains a trailer and apparently it'll be released into Europe this year as well!

Anyone else interested? I really like the WO series, it's fun seeing my favourite characters interact with a new story!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Re: The Official Warriors Orochi 4 thread

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Thanks. :lol:

I’m excited for it despite the trailer not showing much at all. :P I missed out on WO3 (don’t own any systems that have the game), but I loved WO1 and especially WO2.

I feel like they announced this because of the general poor opinion of DW9, like Koei went all “fine, we get it, here’s your classic style Warriors game to play”. :lol:

Here’s to hoping Sun Wukong returns.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Assistant

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Yesss! :D Can't wait to get it. And I do hope it's a classic style Warriors game, not another dw6 or dw9 revamp.
WO3U gauntlet mode was amazing, switching between 5 allies and facing ultraaggressive AI at max miasma level was very satisfying. I hope they've built on that and player can now freely switch between all of named generals on the map.
William will probably be there, since he's already in the Musou All Stars, but I really wish Hattori Hanzo Jr. and Shigezane Date to join the roster from Nioh.
Probably won't have the english dub...Which is a good thing, considering the latest events.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Tue May 08, 2018 4:35 pm

First official Famitsu article is up!!

Look at how huge that roster is in the first pic... jeez!

It says there will be 170 characters total :shock: ... but it will apparently not include Spirit of Sanada or DW9 newcomers. I bet they will be DLC.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Jia Nanfeng
Assistant

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Tue May 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Either DLC or they will be added in the eventually WO4 Ultimate that we all know is coming. It's a shame, I wanted more Xun You in my Three Kingdoms adaptations.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Tue May 08, 2018 7:48 pm

How big was the roster in the previous one?
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Tue May 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Xiahou Jia wrote:How big was the roster in the previous one?

WO3U had 145 characters total, including originals and guest characters.

WO4 seems to have a roster up through DW8E/SW4-II.

I'm guessing Warriors All-Stars is a good indication of which guest characters we'll get.
Jia Nanfeng
Assistant

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed May 09, 2018 6:53 am

I tried to figure out who is new based on the wallpaper, but it's quite a task :lol: The characters on the outside are pretty easy to recognize like Xu Zhu, Cao Pi, Wang Yi, Magoichi Saika, but I can't really figure out what's happening in the centre.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Wed May 09, 2018 4:09 pm

Xiahou Jia wrote:I tried to figure out who is new based on the wallpaper, but it's quite a task :lol: The characters on the outside are pretty easy to recognize like Xu Zhu, Cao Pi, Wang Yi, Magoichi Saika, but I can't really figure out what's happening in the centre.

hmm, Zhang Chunhua is new, I think I see her near the top in the middle, and don't think she was in 3/Ultimate, but all the pics I have been able to find of that shot have been smaller size so I can't see it clearly when trying to look in, even though it took me less than 2 seconds to find my favorite character Nō :lol:

Anyways, even though I completely skipped DW9, I am looking forward to this game.
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Skode » Wed May 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Diamondback is right next to Zhou Yu, fair to say he's confirmed. 164 returnees (basically everyone minus Collab characters) and 5 new Greek characters for an all round hefty 170 playables in total.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games