Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:07 am

hmm, perhaps Li Jue and Guo Si are separate factions. People like Huang Zu can be his own faction as well as opposed to being a part of Liu Biao.

There are still a lot of locations that need people to settle them but I guess we will have to wait and see what is announced.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:21 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:hmm, perhaps Li Jue and Guo Si are separate factions. People like Huang Zu can be his own faction as well as opposed to being a part of Liu Biao.

There are still a lot of locations that need people to settle them but I guess we will have to wait and see what is announced.

Making Li Jue and Guo Si their own faction is something I considered as well, though I'm unsure how likely it is--them being separate from Dong Zhuo while he's alive will look very weird to anyone familiar with the period since they were some of his main generals.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:54 pm

Tuesday Newsday on totalwar subreddit has provided some information on Cao Cao. Here's a poster style pic outlining some of Cao Cao's traits/items

https://i.redd.it/vfpm6j74ib611.jpg
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Xiahou Dun poster is now up.
https://i.redd.it/klpc020eb4911.jpg
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 am

Gray Riders wrote:Xiahou Dun poster is now up.

In the fantasy version of the game, Xiahou Dun needs a 1 time per battle ability where he eats an eye. He will lose half his health but get a massive boost to his speed and power for a short duration :lol:
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:53 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:

In the fantasy version of the game, Xiahou Dun needs a 1 time per battle ability where he eats an eye. He will lose half his health but get a massive boost to his speed and power for a short duration :lol:

More like two times per game am I right? (And then he is unplayable)

I suppose he could raid some corpses for extra eyeballs...
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:

More like two times per game am I right? (And then he is unplayable)

I suppose he could raid some corpses for extra eyeballs...

Well that's why I specified it would be in the non historical version. His eye respawns after battle :lol:
In the historical version the game is harder so you won't have it.

Zhang Fei can have a drinking ability to make him stronger but cause some of his soldiers to abandon him,
Gan Ning can murder a kid and get a moral and stat boost for his own soldiers but a moral drop for the rest of the army,
Guan Yu can get an ability called kill steal which will raise the moral of his forces while annoying others like Sun Jian, and Zhang Liao (Hey Hua Xiong and Wen Cho were our kills jerk!)

Etc :lol:
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:46 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Guan Yu can get an ability called kill steal which will raise the moral of his forces while annoying others like Sun Jian, and Zhang Liao (Hey Hua Xiong and Wen Cho were our kills jerk!)

Didn't one of the Dynasty Warriors games make a joke about this in the Wu story? Where Sun Jian is going to find Hua Xiong than Guan Yu rides in suddenly and kills him with a surprise attack?

Edit: Xu Chu poster:
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1017774508281917440
He can cause earthquakes. Yeah this is actually less historically accurate than Koei's ROTK series.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Every time a new DW comes round, I tend to rate the new costumes and so forth. Thought I would do likewise here particularly as total war isn't providing much else with them to give a sense of character or a video

My scoring system tends to be lower then people expect and lead to confusion in past so a quick explanation. 1-4 is varying degrees of "MY EYYYYYEEES", feeling ill, immoral, abomination. 5 is I'm not a fan, something is a bit off, it doesn't quite gel. 6 is fine, it is alright, I just don't particularly like it. 7 is good, well done work that I like. 8 is very good, I really like it and it has something about it. 9 is special, everything gels into almost perfect model. 10 is I love it and it is just perfect. 10 is the day when unicorns return to the world

Given the more restrained style, I'm not expecting to give particularly high scores but also less bad scores then DW. The "skills" will impact

Cao Cao: Not exactly a surprise addition but yay doing Wei first. Red feels unusual thanks to koei but it works, I like the robe over the armour, the way gold is used for decorations on the hat and belt. A wise face that looks better in video then it does in the picture. I'm deducting half a point for "Trust in good" which at best feels like they could have picked a better sounding translation. Yay shadowrunner and I like the two characteristic descriptions

Xiahou Dun: I'm hoping Green isn't Guan Yu related :P I don't think the green and purple quite meshes as well as it should in that picture, it may well work better in the game. Ugly cloak colour, good armour, I like the way the armour curls around the neck with gold, the bandage works well. I do question giving him a special weapon but the other three, the temper, losing his head and his ability to cripple a foe with hamstrung works well so that ups by a half point

Xu Chu: Having the bodyguards makes me wonder how many officers they plan to do? Real power in those arms, I like the light armour (I know some who have complained it is inaccurate but it will help make him notable), the rope belt is a good touch to his novel roots. Plain face. Why the mace? Or the earthquake one? Feels like they struggled to work out what to do after the first two non weapon ones
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Mikhail » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Dian Wei poster out.

I would love for other faction's people as well but I guess they are going down the Cao faction list first...

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1021032113901121537
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games