Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:07 am

Keep trying to get back in to this. So many off putting things. Least of all the visual noise all over the map that doesn't provide any meaningful information.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Big patch coming up:
*Lu Zhi, Huangfu Song, Diao Chan, and Xun Yu are now unique characters.
*Tao Qian playable.
*Battlefield deployables like towers and stakes.
*A bunch of new units; various Imperial troops (shock and melee cav, swordsmen, spearmen, crossbows, and crossbow cav) who can use formations without a strategist, a new bolt thrower artillery piece, some new Yellow Turban units, and Qiang infantry troops added.
*When you take control of the Emperor you are now given options; become Regent (he might flee if you're too weak), banish him, or kill him.
*Becoming Emperor now gives you an Imperial Court with new minister positions.
*Emperors have a bunch of new mechanics, it seems.
*Militia and Peasant units are more likely to flee in battle due to changes to morale mechanics.
*Axes now have a bonus against shields.
*Militia are worse fighters in melee and at ranged combat.

Patch notes:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war ... of-heaven/
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:55 pm

Glad to see Lu Zhi in the Turban era, I imagine Diao Chan addition will be popular, battlefield deployables looks like it has potential
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:50 pm

So playing with Liu Chong, figured I would play a good Prince and not fight my fellow Imperial officers. This made expanding difficult as I am surrounded by friendlies. So once I built up my army a bit I headed north and grabbed a commandiary from the Yellow Turbans. Liu Bei formed a coalition with Yuan Shu and invited me but I said no as I eventually wanted to fight Yuan Shu.

I built up my forces slowly and recruited Zhang Liao, He has a small army defending my northern territory while Liu Chong had to return south as Lu Bu demanded my territory. I said no so I had to rush back to stop him from taking my lands by force. It was rough but I managed to defeat him.

The Emperor died and Dong Zhou took over, thus I am no longer allies with everyone, so I thought this would be a fine time to attack Yuan Shu, sadly he predicted my move and made Yuan Shao his vassal, then he and Liu Bei invited six more groups into their coalition, now if I attack Yuan Shu I would have four factions at my boarders at war with me in addition to Liu Bei who almost surrounds my northern territory and Zhang Liao doesn't have a large enough army to stop him.

As an added kick in the face the plot line triggered with Yuan Shu attempting to assassinate me and my minister, thankfully as I am playing Liu Chong the plot failed but our relations got really bad.

I have been forced to form a coalition with Dong Zhou which is rather hilarious but I don't have the military to fight off Yuan Shu's giant coalition on my own.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Acknowledge the one true loyalist and mastermind of the 3kingdoms!

From what I have heard the Emperor Ling faction is easier then it is thought CA intended and so many warlords mean it isn't the old "declining Western Roman empire" level difficulty
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:05 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Acknowledge the one true loyalist and mastermind of the 3kingdoms!

From what I have heard the Emperor Ling faction is easier then it is thought CA intended and so many warlords mean it isn't the old "declining Western Roman empire" level difficulty

It would have been cool if that was the case but the Yellow Turbans are just too weak to pose such a threat. They can take out the surrounding warlords but they would have to be far more wide spread to inspire a Western Roman Empire vibe.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:06 am

new 194 starting date and Yan Baihou as a new faction, so thats neat, he looks cool in this game. i'm used to him being a total joke
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

Previous

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games