Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms Discussion Thread

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Look forward to seeing the art, some anon's on tumblr may be overeading the Huang Gai bit

Nice captions for the bug pictures
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:26 pm

Info on latest patch

Guo Jia, Huang Gai, Jia Xu and Pang Tong get unique costumes, the two Wei advisers and Yue Jin get recruitment quests. Xun Yu assigned to Han Fu faction to avoid the Zheng Jiang issue and increased chances of joining Cao Cao
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:54 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Info on latest patch

Guo Jia, Huang Gai, Jia Xu and Pang Tong get unique costumes, the two Wei advisers and Yue Jin get recruitment quests. Xun Yu assigned to Han Fu faction to avoid the Zheng Jiang issue and increased chances of joining Cao Cao

Glad to see Xun Yu has received an emergency rescue from the crazed bandit who kept murdering him.

From my experience with officers "liking" specific factions, this means that if Xun Yu ends up unemployed he's very, very likely to go to Cao Cao.
How likely he is to end up unemployed is another question, though.
From a player perspective this means he's easy for Yuan Shao to get though. :P
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qin Feng » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:18 pm

Not that easy though. Xun Yu ends up hating your guts for annexing Han Fu. I just kicked him out as soon as I got Guo Jia.
Qin Feng
Assistant

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:21 pm

New DLC: Mandate of Heaven, a 182 start position.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7dmyj6tOk

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war ... eaven-faq/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1154 ... of_Heaven/

New factions:
*Emperor Ling
*Prince Liu Chong (also playable in 190 if you have the DLC)
*Lu Zhi
*Zhang Jue
*Zhang Bao
*Zhang Liang

Tao Qian is now playable as a free update.

A new government style called "Empire".
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:02 am

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/a ... 1576594524

There's a peek at the new map for 182.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Huh. Koei retweeted the announcement trailer.

I know the two had that contest collaboration but this was a bit more unexpected.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:11 pm

There was the comment by Koei about how surprised they were by how many non-Japanese fans had downloaded their Japanese-only demo off of Steam.

They might be thinking that Total War brought a lot more eyes to the time period and the game, and that it's something they can piggyback off of to get more exposure in the West. If they're retweeting CA stuff, then it might also wind up that CA will retweet their Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 stuff when that comes out, and the cross-promotion ends up benefiting them.

Or it could just be whoever handles their social media just accepting that this is what people are talking about now and trying to be honest in online dealings.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Xiahou Mao wrote:There was the comment by Koei about how surprised they were by how many non-Japanese fans had downloaded their Japanese-only demo off of Steam.

They might be thinking that Total War brought a lot more eyes to the time period and the game, and that it's something they can piggyback off of to get more exposure in the West. If they're retweeting CA stuff, then it might also wind up that CA will retweet their Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14 stuff when that comes out, and the cross-promotion ends up benefiting them.

Or it could just be whoever handles their social media just accepting that this is what people are talking about now and trying to be honest in online dealings.

There was a Japanese interview (I believe with ROTK 14's director) not long ago that specifically mentioned Total War, I believe in the context of it getting the period more attention. I'm not sure I could find it again since I don't remember if it was link by their Japanese twitter account or on facebook, though. However, I do think Total War is the reason ROTK 14 got an english release announced so much earlier than usual (although the Japanese site still has more information, including on DLC information).

I am glad they aren't taking shots at one another like during the old days of gaming.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:03 pm

It is good to see companies being friendly. I want competition to drive up quality, not treating rivals like the enemy

I wish they would go for history with at least some of Liu Bei's allies/lords, just find them more intresting then "a nice chap". Can't say I'm the biggest fan of going backwards but I think it is good marketing, there was a fair few "your not doing the beginning" and "where are the Zhang brothers" when the main game came out, sounds like they have found a good way of doing it.

Great that Liu Chong is getting highlighted, possibly would have gone Huangfu Song rather then Lu Zhi as the one commander of the three to be made a faction. They aren't saying much at all about the Qiang faction so far and how they will deal with the "Han loyalist" issue

Thin Dong Zhuo is the hero Dong Zhuo
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games